Weatherproof Louis Vuitton bags

honu

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
Since I'm fairly new with Louis Vuitton, what does it mean when people say that LV is weatherproof? It's not waterproof, is it? I have been caught in the rain a couple of times and am hoping that I can use ScotchGuard or something on my mini monogram Lucille, or is that on there already? I read something that the Damier is more weatherproof than the monogram?

What does everyone carry when it's rainy outside? :biggrin:

Well, for instance, denim bags are treated to 'repell' water, but are not actually water resistant. Weatherproof are bags like the damier, which are not affected by water or other sorts of percipitation since they don't have vachetta on the bag.

I prefer to carry my Burberry on rainy days, I bought it just for that.

My Suhali works pretty well in the rain, lol. :smile: Basically if you LV bag has vachetta, avoid moisture at any cost.

Damier and Epi are good choices if you want an LV bag that doesn't stain in the rain.

weatherpoof=canvas is waterproof+no accessory parts that are susceptible to water-stains

eg. Damier, Miroir, epi, *some Monograms, Motard...etc

I don't really consider Suhali as waterproof, but I don't mind carrying it out in the rain. Actually, I don't even mind carrying vachetta pieces in the rain.