Weather and Shopping in France

robee

love my furry ones!
May 26, 2009
The plan of Italy didn't materialise. My good friend Jadeite did came back with loots and pretty photos.....:smile: Glad she had a good time there...

France.......
This is the destination preferred by DS.... and will be going there mid Nov for 2 weeks. I learnt my lesson, it's never too early to find out about acommodation, confirm where I want to visit. I should have ample time to organise the trip now. Since DH said it's non-refundable tickets.. I have to make it work....

Advise advise........ my lovely TPFers:smile:

Duration : 2 weeks
Fly in and out via Paris
Me, hubby and 4 yr old DS
Any recommedation on things for little boy and sight seeing for the adults.

Robee I will be in Paris at the beginning of September. Someone on TPF recommended Sofitel Le Faubourg so that's where we will be staying. I believe it's right down the street from FSH! You should be able to get a room for a good price in November since it's not peak travel season. Or at least I don't think so. Everyone is telling me to spend a day at Versailles. We will also be taking a train to the Riviera. You know I want to hit as many H stores as I can :P I will give a more detailed review when I get back.

robee quickly, you need to pick up those french lessons.

Well, at least learn to say, "How much?" in french. LOL

no wait, should be "Got discount?" in french. lololololol

anythinghermes - you need to hv a thread on H-Paris-Travelogue when you are back

loves - how many days did you spend in versailies. i heard it's very nice...

jadeite - u mean i can try that in H-store? hahahaah now your turn to throw me your H list

Hi Robee...Paris is lovely too. For your DS, EuroDisney is a must which is at least a day trip. Versailies is a definite must too and a day trip should be enough. I remember its a relatively short train trip from Paris. Finally don't miss the wonderful museums especially the Lourve. I spent a full day there and still did not manage to see everything but am not sure if your DS will not be bored. .

Beside the H stores, there are other distractions - LV, Chanel, Kenzo and the list just goes on and on. Even the departmental stores like Galaries Lafayette and Printemps are worth a visit. I remember when they used to have stores in Singapore. That was way back in the 80's!. Finally they do have a factory outlet near Paris called La Vallee (near Eurodisney), do google it to get the details. Have fun ....and we look forward to your pictures.

loves - how many days did you spend in versailies. i heard it's very nice...

the first time DH and I only had time for the main palace. we don't like to rush so perhaps that's why. so we made another trip sometime later and visited petit trianon. the grounds are huge and the main palace is packed to the brim with tourists! so i enjoyed petit trianon much better, DH and i just took long slow strolls, picnicked and even had a nap on the lawn :P

some of my friends said they thought petit trianon not worth the visit at all. perhaps that's because they rushed from the main palace to petit trianon and found nothing much there..

picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
When I was in Paris in June, we stayed at Fraser's service apartments (was there for 1 week +) and there was a deal so it was very cheap (about S$1500 for 6 nights for 4 people). Another accomodation that you can potentially check out is Holiday Inn, which is about 10 minutes walk from FSH (!!!!!) and is about 187 euros a night. I've never stayed there, but I don't think Holiday Inn is too bad.

Definitely take your DS to Eurodisney! I always have so much fun at Disney... it's about 60 euros for a 1-day, 2-park pass. (We crammed everything into 1 day so we had more time for shopping, LOL)

As for sightseeing, do the usual - Louvre, Eiffel (view at sunset is GORGEOUS!), Musee d'Orsay, Notre Dame etc etc.

I can't remember the rest... but will check it up and let you know :biggrin:

u are all so helpful:smile:

for those who visit paris.. do you take a trip down like to other cities.. nice, bordeaux, maseille etc? I will have 14 days there.. definitely want to travel around...:smile:

loves - lovely pictures.......... spring time... look so nice!

pyrexia - near to FSH impt ahhahahahahah dnt tell DH. Told DH i want to enjoy disney!
u think for a kid 1 day is enough?

bagfreak - u are listing the "obvious" which I can't show DH hee hee..........

ladyhermes
- thanks for the link

Hi Robee,

I'm French and HERMES addicted :graucho::graucho:.

You can find very beautiful places in our country, and they all have a wonderful Hermes boutique to discover...

Paris is obviously your main destination, but you can also discover one or two lovely little towns.

My favorite place for holidays is BIARRITZ (one hour from Paris by plane). It's in the Pays Basque near Spain and on the Ocean.

I stay at HOTEL DU PALAIS (you can google it) which is a wonderful palace (the food is delightful) with a view on the ocean. There is an inside pool, a SPA and....the hotel is just near an HERMES boutique (I left DH with the kids playing on the beach or in the pool :biggrin:).

You have also a Sea Museum for the kids with sharks and my little son loves to go here.

I live in Marseille and think it's not a good place for tourism. The city centre is awful and I prefer to go to Aix to go shopping H even if the Marseille's boutique is near my house.

You could also appreciate Cannes which is on the French Riviera. There are many de Luxe boutiques, hotels and Mediterranean sea. St Tropez, Monaco and Nice are not far and you could enjoy a very nice weather during your stay.

I attache some pics of Biarritz...Love this town and people here are very sweet !

Attachments

• biarritz.jpg
    biarritz.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 280
  • biarritz 2.jpg
    biarritz 2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 287