Wearing white tank top/wifebeater alone

huong

O.G.
Feb 20, 2007
I love to wear them alone with jeans and flip flops during the day. At night I dress it up a bit by switching to heels. And when I wear a skirt, I usually pair it with a wifebeater. I'm not too good at fashion and wearing one just makes everything easier. My sister recently made a comment about them being underwear and it has made me a little self conscious. So my question is, do you think it looks trashy to wear them alone?

I do this sometimes too. Just make sure they are not too thin. I get the J.Crew "favorite tank"- it's thick, and it's cut so your bra doesn't show, etc., basically it's made to be a shirt not underwear. I would say that they are more of a daytime look- I don't think a wifebeater, jeans, and heels is really very dressy but it depends on where you're going. If it's your style and you feel good, go for it!

I have a couple from Mimi & Coco and I LOVE them! They can look like underwear if not accesorrized, IMHO, so I try to wear them with necklaces or a scarf, even if I'm wearing jeans.

Also, you should ALWAYS wear a bra..a NUDE BRA if it's white. Also you should make sure it's not see-thru.

being underwear? maybe for a man!!

as a woman, we can wear just about anything and it will still be fashionable.

I wear beaters all the time. I like to wear them with heels some nice jeans and a long colorful necklace. Its very casual and comfortable.

I have these beaters from Wal-mart found in the mens section. They are so long and fitted on me. (also cheap, $8 for a pack of 5). They are fruit of the loom (get the XL, as they are the longest) and they are the cotton with the ribbing. I have gotten compliments wearing them, because they dont really look like underwear when you wear it in different styles.

I'm with Elle Tee, I LOVEEE the thicker ones for wearing around out. I've never had the thin ones before but I would imagine they would look great layered on top of a colorful tank or something. Hmm now I want to go buy some for the summer!