Wearing over the knee / thigh boots in a conservative or work setting?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I wanted to get some opinions about this. I have some dressy over the knee and thigh boots that I have worn over jeans for a date night / chic outting, but I was curious whether any of you have worn any of your over the knee / thigh boots in a work setting or conservative place of dress?

For example, would you wear these Jimmy Choo April boots with a pencil / straight skirt that came slightly below the knee (it would be roughly a 25"-27" length skirt)? Would this look okay in that styling with the over the knee or thigh boots?

Boots

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446361400&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492709414&bmUID=iJ.PzC1&ev19=2:12

Skirts

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod113880002&eItemId=prod113350004&cmCat=search&searchType=MAIN&parentId=&icid=&rte=%252Fsearch.jhtml%253FN%253D0%2526Ntt%253Dbelow%252Bthe%252Bknee%252Bskirt%2526_requestid%253D8300

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod63651027&parentId=cat17740750&masterId=cat17740747&index=186&cmCat=cat000000cat000001cat17740747cat17740750

2. No I would never wear it in a corporate environment.

3. I would only wear mine under a long skirt

4. When you say long skirt, are you thinking roughly a 26-27" skirt would work or think the Marc Jacobs skirt would be fine as pictured (could it be about 30" long?) What would be the right length to pull it off?

I was thinking that if I go with a longer skirt, it really does become difficult to tell whether I am wearing a very tall knee high or slightly over the knee boot under the skirt, so I was thinking a thigh boot could just work as well since people will mainly see from below the knee down or if I am sitting, potentially knee down when legs are crossed.

5. I think the JCs would look really nice with that MJ skirt! But it's not really something I'd wear to work...

6. i think it'd be fine with the MJ skirt (which is really cute BTW) but not to work. business dinner....maybe. not work/meetings

7. If not in work, what setting do you think it would be appropriate to wear an outfit like that? other than going to dinner.

8. I think it's a nice weekend combination. Great for lunches/coffees with friends or family, shopping, going to the theatre, art gallery, book club, you name it. :smile:

9. I would avoid the OTK look at the 3 W's - work, weddings, places of worship (^(oo)^)v

10. It becomes interesting that when buying or having such expensive boots, that there are places that you can become limited to wearing them to.

11. I don't think it's necessarily any different than buying clothing - like a Herve Leger dress, for example, which I would also avoid at the 3W's (^(oo)~) You'd still probably get more wear out of a pair of OTK's than you would out of a similarly priced HL dress, KWIM?

12. A skirt that falls below the knee and is not snug enough to show off your curves. It also depends on the boots heel height and type.

13. okay - maybe a hopeless cause to not go that route at all.

14. I would refrain from wearing them at work; it's more of a night-out/weekend look to me.

15. :tup: