Wearing Multiple Brands at the same time

Raspberry

O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
Today at a tube station I spied a young girl (maybe 16-17 years old) donning (in my opinion) way too many labels. Her age isn't really relevant, although it was remarkable to me, but she was wearing: two Chanel CC hair pins, one at each temple; oversized shades proclaiming DOLCE & GABBANA in large block letters; LV Denim mini pleaty; LV white multicolore belt; TR Joeys; Versace t-shirt; and what I believe were MJ flats. All were authentic items. It's not that her outfit was expensive, it's that every aspect of her outfit was very "obvious." And rather than admiring her beautiful pieces I immediately thought everything she was wearing was very tacky.

In your opinion, ladies, at what point does label overload occur?

Personally, in terms of blatantly obvious logos, I would say more than 2 is plain tacky. The person could be wearing lots more designer stuff (such as the MJ flats you mention) but I'm talking about in-your-face logos...

i would say it depends. i hate ppl that wear it that obviously! like where its screaming desgner. but i have prada flats that no one knows are parada and i wear it with a desginer bag and maybe a plain gucci top.. but no one knows about it. if its screaming designer iw ould say no more than 2. other than that if its subtle then dont think it matters

I have mostly designer clothes,shoes and accessories,but no obvious logos. So I'd say,one :lol: .

I think that the key here is that the girl was very,very young. She is obviously not terribly confident and felt that all her labels made her worthwhile. Hopefully she'll grow out of it.

I don't like it either when people overload on the "obvious" designer labels, it's like you are screaming for attention. I always think that people who use designer labels in a subtle way are more classy and the true way of flaunting it.

i do not own designer clothing yet but have a several designer bags (got some sunglasses but that's diff).. seen ppl who r like that and when u do see them, and they r talking as if they know everything and they can afford everything.. u just wanna smack them coz they r too arrogant about it......... so 2 i guess is good, especially if the logos r pretty obvious.....

i only allow myself one obvious logo at a time, more than that looks like you're trying too hard, imo. i try not to buy obvious logos at all, but i do have a few LV bags and a pair of gucci sunnies (i suppose i'd count the horsebit on the side as a logo). to me, logos are so out.

I agree with everyone about the two logos.
Generally the only thing I wear with a designer logo on it is my hand bag (and soon enough sunnies!). Everything else is casual and discreet.

amanda said:
i only allow myself one obvious logo at a time, more than that looks like you're trying too hard, imo. i try not to buy obvious logos at all, but i do have a few LV bags and a pair of gucci sunnies (i suppose i'd count the horsebit on the side as a logo). to me, logos are so out.

I agree with Amanda...I think one really obvious logo is fine. For me, it tends to me my bag (I have an LV Speedy and Gucci vintage clutch). I think more than that is overkill.