Wearing LV to first day of new job?

Interpreter

Mar 10, 2010
I've just landed a new job working in admin. I wore a no brand black bag to my interview as I didn't want the way I was dressed affect my prospects. Now that I have the job I'm questioning if I wear my LV on my first day or slip in it later when I've been there a while. The LV is a Venice Damier ebene, not ad recognizable as mono but I'm finding more people are recognizing the damier. WDYT?

I say slip it in later and wait til you get to know the staff better and get on good terms with everyone. Starting at a new job can be awk in itself and you don't want people judging you before they get to know you. It'll just make you not want to go to work.

Go ahead and wear it. I have been wearing LV for 25 years...never to an interview but always to the office. Perfectly appropriate. BTW, what is the Venice?

Congrats!!!!
I agree with most of the posts here-- wait until you get a feel for the palce and the people there, and let them get to know you first otherwise, they WILL probably form their first impression and take the bag into consideration.

It sucks, you'd think were all adults in the workplace, but yep, even the workplace has a lot of haters unfortunately..

Arrrgh.... I would shy away from taking Monogram or Damier.... Epi is good - especially Black .......

Be conservative....

It is like wearing a 18K yellow gold rolex to work.... much better to wear the discrete Patek Philippe!

I agree with your decision to wait for a bit and then carry it after you get a feel for your new office environment and the people around you. I bet you can carry it in the next few weeks or so. Congrats on the new job and best wishes!