Wearing LV in the RAIN/SNOW!? Does anyone do it?

I try not to use my bags that have new vachetta on them, but my papillon and speedy have a great patina now so I dont mind normal rain, not pouring like crazy and stuff, and on the pouring like crazy/snow days I use my damier speedy!

I treat all my leather with applegard conditioner and waterproofing and have no problems in rain or snow - of course, I don't let the leather get soaked but it keeps it rain or snow safe for short exposures.

I agree. I don't worry about the rain or snow since I treat each bag w/ a spray protectant prior to its maiden voyage.

I wear my LV bags everywhere, sunny, heavy rain, or snow. I don't see anything happen to my bag, no watermark or anything. I once drop my bag into the puddle of melting show mixed with dirt, nothing happened to it. I don't think you have worry about it at all.

I carry all my bags if it is raining....but I do spray my bags with Wilson's Leather spray and I have had no problems with water spots. But if it is really raining I do try to tuck it under the umbrella or my coat.

Pamela

my 3 month old speedy survived a heart attack moment when a waiter at banana leaf spilled a cup of water directly on the bag, handles and all. No apologies or compensation. But I still don't take it in the rain.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that CuriousGeorge. I would have been so mad if my speedy was treated like that. But I do take it out often in rain or shine, I love the darkening of the patina-- adding a vintage feel to it :smile:

I do treat my new bags with appleguard before using. And if it's a pre-owned bag, I clean and then treat them.

If I didn't use them in the rain, I wouldn't be able to use most of my bags 9 months out of the year. I try not to get them soaked, but after the appleguarding the vachetta seems to take light rain pretty well - no waterspotting so far. And if I notice a spot I try and clean it or even it out with a baby wipe or then hit it with magic eraser. Oh and if a bag has gotten damp I let them dry for at least 24 hours before storage.

Well snow is not an issue for me - just lots of heat:sad: and normally we don't get too much rain either. The only bag I use in the rain is my damier Hampstead MM as it does not affect the bag at all. I wouldn't like to carry a bag with vachatta in the rain as knowing my luck it get ugly permanent water marks all over it.

I wear LVs in all types of weather; doesn't matter to me. And vachetta dries and clears right back up (at least in my experience).

I agree with you! I have had my vachetta in all sorts of weather and its gotten wet before, but it always dries as if nothing has happened. :sweatdrop: I can't help but wonder if water marks are left because water falls on DIRTY vachetta and thats what changes the leather's color. :shrugs: