Wearing eyeliner by itself

Lydlady

New kid on the block
Oct 29, 2008
I don't typically wear eye shadow (except for special occasions) and am too lazy to wear mascara once in a while. Any tips on wearing eyeliner alone or does anybody do this. I have dark eyes. But my dark lashes don't show up that much because they're short and stick straight out (I'm half-Asian). Thanks for any tips.

I just recently tried colored eyeliner, e.g. teal or dark green and they really make your eyes pop (i have dark brown eyes).

I frequently wear liner on its own for lazy days! However, make sure you wear mascara especially on these days & curl your lashes. I find just liner looks best with some elongated lashes! As the poster above said try subtle colour for a pop or night out, you could also try a cute winged tip for daytime!

I'm Asian and I only wear eye liner and mascara (too scared to venture out to wear eye shadows). Like randr21, I would recommend sticking to a non-black color for liner. Bobbi Brown violet ink is one of my favorites. And purple really compliments dark color eyes. I also curl my lashes and coat some mascara on.

Definitely give Shu Uemura lash curlers a try. They will curl even the most stubborn Asian lashes.

I have light brown eyes and super straight eyelashes that grow downward (I'm asian too.). On my lazy days where I only want to wear e/l, I always reach for my Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in Vixen or Blackberry which both look like blackened purple. I have somewhat oily lids and this eyeliner does not budge or transfer. This is the only waterproof eyeliner I've tried so far, but never felt the need to go elsewhere. MAC fluidline in Macroviolet is also my favorite. Since you have straight eyelashes, I highly recommend curling your lashes to open up your eyes. I curl my lashes every day to make myself look bright-eyed... and plus, if I don't I can see my lashes because they're in my line of vision. :blink: HTH! :smile:

Sometimes I wear brown eyeliner by itself (only on the top lid) but I always put it at the base of the lashes from the eye side of the lashline (ie not on my eyelid above the lashes, I don't like the "line" effect). It gives my pale lashes some natural definition...

Thank you all for the great suggestions. I have never tried the tight-lining. I need to do that. I've also never tried teal liner. And I love purple so more purple liner is fine with me.