Wear & Tear of Prada's recent nylon

adam.e

Jul 13, 2016
Hello everyone,
With the revival of Prada's nylon, I am eyeing the Prada Re-Edition 2005 nylon shoulder bag with the (90%) intention of buying.
upload_2020-3-8_23-45-14.png
Though, I am still dithering because I do not actually see any updates of the wear and tear of Prada's nylon in the recent collections - latest offerings of revived shoulder bags and backpacks and messenger bags etc. - as most updates are reviews of vintage pieces.
Can anyone attest to the quality of their nylon from the recent collections? How is it holding up?

Reactions: Namwan- and HiromiT
I bought a backpack exactly a year ago and it’s holding up really well! I stuff all sorts of stuff inside, including laptops, gym shoes and so far so good! Much better than a small backpack that I bought in 1998, the stitches kept coming loose and even result in holes in the bag. I gave up repairing that bag.

I've been carrying the Re-Edition 2005 daily for the past 2 weeks and it seems to be holding up well. I haven't been babying it at all like I do most new handbags. The nylon and saffiano edges give me more confidence that it will remain in tact. Again, this is only after 2 weeks of use, so only time will tell.

I bought two nylon bags (one in 2017 and the other in 2018) and have used them almost daily. I took both on a trip last year because they’re low maintenance and easy to pack. They show no signs of wear and look as good as the day I got them. I don’t baby them but am careful not to throw them around or place on the floor. They are the workhorses of my bag collection as I’m a SAHM and need lightweight, carefree bags that can be wiped clean at the end of the day. Highly recommend!

I’m very tempted by the Re-Edition but it might be a tad small for my needs.

Reactions: Solea and adam.e
I bought a backpack exactly a year ago and it’s holding up really well! I stuff all sorts of stuff inside, including laptops, gym shoes and so far so good! Much better than a small backpack that I bought in 1998, the stitches kept coming loose and even result in holes in the bag. I gave up repairing that bag.

I've been carrying the Re-Edition 2005 daily for the past 2 weeks and it seems to be holding up well. I haven't been babying it at all like I do most new handbags. The nylon and saffiano edges give me more confidence that it will remain in tact. Again, this is only after 2 weeks of use, so only time will tell.

I bought two nylon bags (one in 2017 and the other in 2018) and have used them almost daily. I took both on a trip last year because they’re low maintenance and easy to pack. They show no signs of wear and look as good as the day I got them. I don’t baby them but am careful not to throw them around or place on the floor. They are the workhorses of my bag collection as I’m a SAHM and need lightweight, carefree bags that can be wiped clean at the end of the day. Highly recommend!

I’m very tempted by the Re-Edition but it might be a tad small for my needs.

Thank you all for your comments! It is about AUD$2K and as a first designer purchase, I decided to go with a full leather bag. Both the Re-Edition and the backpack are still on my wishlist so it's reassuring to hear positive experiences on the nylon!

I bought two nylon bags last year. The 2000 reedition shoulder bag and the mini bucket. I use them both all the time and I love them. There is no wear on them whatsoever and I love how carefree it is. If I spill something on it, I just wash it off with soap and water.

I have the exact same bag in your photo and while I've only had it for 3 months, it's been my daily driver (albeit I've obviously been going out alot less these days) and it's held up beautifully. It's really a worry free bag and I've gotten a few marks on it here and there, but nothing a little water and soap can't spruce up. It's the best! Can't recommend it enough.

Reactions: Solea

hi! Is that Prada bag you have made in Italy?

i saw someone selling their nylon re-edition and it has pilling issue on the bottom of the bag. considering the re-edition prada bag is a relaunch and is from their newer nylon materials, i'd say it isn't that great for wear and tear

i saw someone selling their nylon re-edition and it has pilling issue on the bottom of the bag. considering the re-edition prada bag is a relaunch and is from their newer nylon materials, i'd say it isn't that great for wear and tear

That is very strange! I have the re-edition 2005 and have been using it everyday for months (I’m also a little rough with it ) and so far no pilling. It literally still looks brand new. Hope this doesn’t happen to me

That is very strange! I have the re-edition 2005 and have been using it everyday for months (I’m also a little rough with it ) and so far no pilling. It literally still looks brand new. Hope this doesn’t happen to me
Same here! My bag looks as great as the day I bought it and I have not been babying it at all.

the pilling is on the bottom of the bag from her photos, i dont know if she placed it on the floor and that caused it. but im going to be a little bit careful of where i place my bags, like avoiding concrete cement floors / rough surfaces :oh:

Reactions: ouiouilexiaussi
the pilling is on the bottom of the bag from her photos, i dont know if she placed it on the floor and that caused it. but im going to be a little bit careful of where i place my bags, like avoiding concrete cement floors / rough surfaces :oh:
Yikes! Thanks for the heads up; I’ll be ultra careful where I place mine as well.
(...when I finally get to open it. :annoyed: Three more weeks to go! :amuse:)

I couldn't adapt to the nylon - I love the re-edition but I ordered the black nylon and it seemed to attract dust and it drove me crazy. So I'm planning on purchasing the Saffiano leather version that has just been released.