Wear & Tear of Prada's recent nylon

adam.e

Jul 13, 2016
Australia
Hello everyone,
With the revival of Prada's nylon, I am eyeing the Prada Re-Edition 2005 nylon shoulder bag with the (90%) intention of buying.
upload_2020-3-8_23-45-14.png
Though, I am still dithering because I do not actually see any updates of the wear and tear of Prada's nylon in the recent collections - latest offerings of revived shoulder bags and backpacks and messenger bags etc. - as most updates are reviews of vintage pieces.
Can anyone attest to the quality of their nylon from the recent collections? How is it holding up?

Reactions: Namwan- and HiromiT

carebearz

O.G.
Aug 20, 2008
I bought a backpack exactly a year ago and it’s holding up really well! I stuff all sorts of stuff inside, including laptops, gym shoes and so far so good! Much better than a small backpack that I bought in 1998, the stitches kept coming loose and even result in holes in the bag. I gave up repairing that bag.

balenciamags

Nov 28, 2018
I've been carrying the Re-Edition 2005 daily for the past 2 weeks and it seems to be holding up well. I haven't been babying it at all like I do most new handbags. The nylon and saffiano edges give me more confidence that it will remain in tact. Again, this is only after 2 weeks of use, so only time will tell.

HiromiT

Jun 20, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
I bought two nylon bags (one in 2017 and the other in 2018) and have used them almost daily. I took both on a trip last year because they’re low maintenance and easy to pack. They show no signs of wear and look as good as the day I got them. I don’t baby them but am careful not to throw them around or place on the floor. They are the workhorses of my bag collection as I’m a SAHM and need lightweight, carefree bags that can be wiped clean at the end of the day. Highly recommend!

I’m very tempted by the Re-Edition but it might be a tad small for my needs.

Reactions: Polasun and adam.e

adam.e

Jul 13, 2016
Australia
I bought a backpack exactly a year ago and it’s holding up really well! I stuff all sorts of stuff inside, including laptops, gym shoes and so far so good! Much better than a small backpack that I bought in 1998, the stitches kept coming loose and even result in holes in the bag. I gave up repairing that bag.
I've been carrying the Re-Edition 2005 daily for the past 2 weeks and it seems to be holding up well. I haven't been babying it at all like I do most new handbags. The nylon and saffiano edges give me more confidence that it will remain in tact. Again, this is only after 2 weeks of use, so only time will tell.
I bought two nylon bags (one in 2017 and the other in 2018) and have used them almost daily. I took both on a trip last year because they’re low maintenance and easy to pack. They show no signs of wear and look as good as the day I got them. I don’t baby them but am careful not to throw them around or place on the floor. They are the workhorses of my bag collection as I’m a SAHM and need lightweight, carefree bags that can be wiped clean at the end of the day. Highly recommend!

I’m very tempted by the Re-Edition but it might be a tad small for my needs.
Thank you all for your comments! It is about AUD$2K and as a first designer purchase, I decided to go with a full leather bag. Both the Re-Edition and the backpack are still on my wishlist so it's reassuring to hear positive experiences on the nylon!

May 25, 2014
I bought two nylon bags last year. The 2000 reedition shoulder bag and the mini bucket. I use them both all the time and I love them. There is no wear on them whatsoever and I love how carefree it is. If I spill something on it, I just wash it off with soap and water.

heartfelt

O.G.
Dec 1, 2005
los angeles, ca
I have the exact same bag in your photo and while I've only had it for 3 months, it's been my daily driver (albeit I've obviously been going out alot less these days) and it's held up beautifully. It's really a worry free bag and I've gotten a few marks on it here and there, but nothing a little water and soap can't spruce up. It's the best! Can't recommend it enough.

Reactions: Polasun

bunnyd

Feb 4, 2020
hi! Is that Prada bag you have made in Italy?

balenciamags

Nov 28, 2018
hi! Is that Prada bag you have made in Italy?
Yes, it is! Also, I've been carrying it daily since my original post, I haven't switched out my bag once and it still looks fantastic! As nice as the day I bought it.

lovexchanel

Apr 3, 2011
i saw someone selling their nylon re-edition and it has pilling issue on the bottom of the bag. considering the re-edition prada bag is a relaunch and is from their newer nylon materials, i'd say it isn't that great for wear and tear

bunnyd

Feb 4, 2020
i saw someone selling their nylon re-edition and it has pilling issue on the bottom of the bag. considering the re-edition prada bag is a relaunch and is from their newer nylon materials, i'd say it isn't that great for wear and tear
That is very strange! I have the re-edition 2005 and have been using it everyday for months (I’m also a little rough with it ) and so far no pilling. It literally still looks brand new. Hope this doesn’t happen to me

balenciamags

Nov 28, 2018
That is very strange! I have the re-edition 2005 and have been using it everyday for months (I’m also a little rough with it ) and so far no pilling. It literally still looks brand new. Hope this doesn’t happen to me
Same here! My bag looks as great as the day I bought it and I have not been babying it at all.

lovexchanel

Apr 3, 2011
the pilling is on the bottom of the bag from her photos, i dont know if she placed it on the floor and that caused it. but im going to be a little bit careful of where i place my bags, like avoiding concrete cement floors / rough surfaces :oh:

Reactions: ouiouilexiaussi

ouiouilexiaussi

TresLexi
Jul 28, 2013
Washington, DC
the pilling is on the bottom of the bag from her photos, i dont know if she placed it on the floor and that caused it. but im going to be a little bit careful of where i place my bags, like avoiding concrete cement floors / rough surfaces :oh:
Yikes! Thanks for the heads up; I’ll be ultra careful where I place mine as well.
(...when I finally get to open it. :annoyed: Three more weeks to go! :amuse:)

Neillans

Sep 14, 2014
Scotland
I couldn't adapt to the nylon - I love the re-edition but I ordered the black nylon and it seemed to attract dust and it drove me crazy. So I'm planning on purchasing the Saffiano leather version that has just been released.