Wear on PttM Sasha

Pardon my ignorance, but is there a certain kind of leather conditioner that I should use? I have never cared enough about keeping a bag beautiful in the long term as I do about my pttm Natasha, and I want to make sure she lasts!

thanks in advance. :smile:

Pardon my ignorance, but is there a certain kind of leather conditioner that I should use? I have never cared enough about keeping a bag beautiful in the long term as I do about my pttm Natasha, and I want to make sure she lasts!

thanks in advance. :smile:

If you look at the FAQs, there is quite a bit of information about leather care.

here is the thread that blackonmaroon was talking about:
http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/marc-jacobs-faqs-460169.html#post10937236
(there's also some info about color transfer further down within that thread)

as for leather care products, it seems like most PFers either go with Apple products (which you can find online and at some Burlington Coat Factories) or Cadillac, which is sold at most Nordstroms stores. Either one of these works really well on MJ and MbyMJ bags.

But check out those threads I posted the link to -- there's a lot of info there. It's just easy to miss!! (and as a newer member, I can totally understand why you wouldn't know it's there);)

Last edited by a moderator:
I used some leather protecter/conditioner on my Sasha (and all of my other bags) yesterday, and the leather does feel a little less soft, but more durable if that makes sense.
It did not make the marks go away of course, since the leather has actually started to come off, but I hope it will prevent it rubbing off even more. I don't want to stop wearing the bag cross body, as this is the reason I bought it.

It sounds like the other colours don't have the same problem (thank god!), it's probably is a combination of the soft lamb leather, the colour and the cross body wear. I guess I should have gone with black instead, thats the colour that made me fall in love with this line. :biggrin:

here is the thread that blackonmaroon was talking about:
http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/marc-jacobs-faqs-460169.html#post10937236
(there's also some info about color transfer further down within that thread)

as for leather care products, it seems like most PFers either go with Apple products (which you can find online and at some Burlington Coat Factories) or Cadillac, which is sold at most Nordstroms stores. Either one of these works really well on MJ and MbyMJ bags.

But check out those threads I posted the link to -- there's a lot of info there. It's just easy to miss!! (and as a newer member, I can totally understand why you wouldn't know it's there);)

Just to note, mama_jena, I use Cadillac, and if you're interested in purchasing it you have to ask a handbag SA at Nordstrom since they sometimes don't stock it out in the open. I forget the exact price, but it's definitely less than $10 including tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi again girls. Don't know if you remember this thread, but I have now sent an email to Diego at repairs with photos of the bag. In addition to the leather wearing off on the back, the bag has also ripped where one of the straps fastens which has lead me to believe the bag is faulty. Has anyone experienced anything similar and can tell me what the outcome is likely to be? What is the MJ policy on faulty items?

i'd wait to hear back from diego. he should take care of it for you or at least let you know your options :tup:

BTW~ your kitty in your avatar is SOOO cute! I :heart: black cats!

Thanks for your quick reply! Kitty is adorable, she knows she's pretty and behaves like a queen, but thats the personality of cats. :smile: Love them!

I guess I'm just impatient for a reply from repairs, I really love my bag so hoping something can be done!