Wear on my Tano

rjsirish13

Jan 29, 2009
This is my first Tano bag and I purchased the new Steamboat in pink. (not sure of the name) I'm pretty sure its crunch leather and Ive only used it for 3 days. The bottom is already wearing and looks like its picking up color from my jeans. Does this usually happen?? is there anyway to prevent this?

do you have any apple care products? Im wondering if the conditioner would clean off hte color transfer....then you could use the appleguard (water proof spray) and that may help to prevent it from happening again

There are LOTS of threads about the wear of crunch leather, please do a search.

The color transfer from your jeans is not good though as that is difficult to get out. I have never had a tano pick up color from my jeans but a white bag did from a new black shirt once, I cannot believe I let myself do that!

There is always a risk with dark denim transferring color onto anything. Thats not the fault of the bag. I would recommend that you cclean your bag and condition the worn and then spray your bag with a few coats of protectorate spray if you want to keep it looking new for as long as possible.

When left untreated, crunch leather's color will fade a bit, the shine will dull slightly, and the leather will soften quite a lot with use. The result is a asoft, distressed look. Many of us let our crunch bags age naturally and love how they look even better with use (myself included). Others do treatments to keep them looking new when we buy them and then retreat them every couple of months.

Last edited: