Wear on brand new Evelyne normal?

texas2015

Jan 24, 2016
Hi - I just got an Evelyne 29 directly from the website and it came with two small marks and the strap already shows some pilling. Is this normal/am I being too picky here? Or did I get a defective one? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpeg
    IMG_0316.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0317.jpeg
    IMG_0317.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0318.jpeg
    IMG_0318.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Wow
Reactions: themk888
Hi - I just got an Evelyne 29 directly from the website and it came with two small marks and the strap already shows some pilling. Is this normal/am I being too picky here? Or did I get a defective one? Thank you!
I have an Evelyne from 1997 and the strap has no pilling. The edge around one of the corners has the leather piping worn away but since it is my "beater" bag I am fine with it. It is a bag that has had a good life and it shows (I take it everywhere). I guess I could send it away and get it fixed but the cost and time away just isn't worth it to me.

That is ridiculous. I've never seen the edge look like it's worn down to the leather or have a brand new strap pilling. This makes me think its either defective and slipped by quality control or it's a returned item that someone had previously used.

Reactions: texas2015