Wear and Tear on Chanel Boy Bag

Td15xx

Mar 5, 2014
Hello TPFers,

Can any of you Chanel BOY owners, enlighten me on the quality and wear on the Chanel boy bag?? Any quality issues, problems that you have found? or any positive points on how well the bag has held up after use? Obviously the quality is different than the classic flap, but how much different in quality?

Very interested in this bag and looking forward to your responses, stories etc. :heart:

I've had my black lamb boy about 1.5 years.... I've taken it to asia, Europe for vacation.... It's held up remarkably well..... A few minor signs of wear on corners but shape is good, quilts are good.... I plan to use recommended products to take care of corners and condition it....ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414479167.070455.jpg

Same here! I have 3 boys, my 13b lamb black boy that is pictured above, my 14C Calf Boy, and my 14A caviar brown boy. I rotate mine, but wear my boys often, with the oldest being over a year a old now. The only wear is a couple scuffs (easily buffed out with melatonian), and the corners on my calf one are showing a little wear, but again, I can condition those to look like new! I have found ALL my boys to be extremely durable. They are definitely as durable as my flaps which I don't carry as much. My boys get the most use. I have had zero issues. All the quilting is superb! I highly recommend if you are thinking of getting one. HTH

Reactions: lolasparks
I have my calf leather boy for almost a year too..been carrying frequently but I have problem with peeling at the back of the bag..not sure is peeling or scuffing though...:sad: If given a chance to repurchase I would definitely choose caviar boy for everyday use because I love carrying my boy more than my classic flap...hehe...:graucho:

Thanks everyone ! I am currently searching high and low for a boy in the old medium size black color, preferably either calf skin or caviar, just not lambskin because of durability issues. Anyone know where I can find one? It seems as though they are no longer in production in that size..I live in NYC and they are sold out everywhere ...if anyone has any leads on new or preloved-Mint condition old med. black boy bags, please please let me know! :smile: they are truly the most beautiful bags ❤️

not my most sturdy chanel i must say and the toile interior is not the best option it suffers much more compared to my 2.55 or flap leather linings.and because the front panel composes the front corners they suffer dramatically in my experiance. hope it helps.birkel.

Reactions: SweetDaisy05
I've only had mine since the end of August - it's the blue caviar boy with gold (ish) hardware -- it's held up great. It's one of the few bags that I really don't worry about - seems to be as tough as a nail!

Not a huge fan of the Boy. I've had my calfskin (whatever one is the smooth, is it lambskin? I forget) one for a year and wore it 3-5/week for a few months. It developed a really bed dent on the flap and doesn't look good anymore :sad: My double flap has held up much, much better