Wealthy people/ people who owns more than 1 Chanel please give me your opinion...

I am not wealthy that wealthy (student). LV is expensive, so I expect it to be absolutely perfect. Every little detail that looks of to me is a no-go. I find myself pickier with SLG's though...

It has nothing to do w/ wealth. . .

some people are detail oriented, others not.

I'm not overly picky, but I do inspect mine before buying.

Go ahead and be picky. It doesnt matter if you are wealthy or not. Be picky, expect the best. Look something over.
Don't settle.
And it doesn't mean you have OCD.
My husband is the one that looks over every inch of a new bag. I usually hand them to him to inspect. He is relentless! LOL!

Identifing being rich or poor does not tell anyone anything about that person except their bank balance/property portfolio. No ones life is a fantasy and no 2 people act the same way even if their circumstances are almost identical on paper.

Some bags I'm fussy about bought new (full price from a store) others I'm not - it depends what I need it for. Even if its an expensive bag, if it's a useful and not just sitting pretty, it's not going to look like new after years but I do like to enjoy a few flawless bag 'moments'.

Agree!, these bags are meant to be used and enjoyed. It's crazy to spend all these money and just put it in the box :smile:

I think I am only OCD only in the beginning of owning a new bag, I would baby it so much :smile:. After a while, I don't think about it anymore, I am careful about it but not as OCD as the first few weeks lol.

I much rather liking the honey colour in vachetta. No...I love LV so much haha, I am just curious of what others' process of picking the bag from the shop and owning it for the first few weeks.

What is your naxt purchase btw?

I am going into the LV store on Saturday to check out the new vernis beige poudre colour. But most likely, I think my next purchase will be another alma - amarante or a mon mono neverful...:biggrin:

Wealthy or not, it is a personal choice. When I began buying designer I just assumed they would be in great shape and didn't check them. It wasn't until after I removed the tags and carried a bag that I realized there was a defect. Now I inspect them. I'm sure it isn't as much as some people, but I just think it is a good idea.

I check to make sure that there are no obvious flaws. If not, then I buy the bag.

The bag is going to get scratched, dirty, etc with use so I'm not looking for absolute perfection. I just want it to not be defective.

Go ahead and be picky. It doesnt matter if you are wealthy or not. Be picky, expect the best. Look something over.
Don't settle.
And it doesn't mean you have OCD.
My husband is the one that looks over every inch of a new bag. I usually hand them to him to inspect. He is relentless! LOL!
LOL love this! Good on him

Hi all...I don't have a lot of money and I have to save in order to buy a new designer bag. I find that I am pretty fussy and picky when it comes to selecting the perfect handbag.

I go though every single corners and details. I make sure that there are no flaws and if they happen to have more than 1 at the shop, I would ask the SA to bring the other one out so I can compare and pick the best out of the 2.

If there is something wrong I would be upset and just not satisfied and try to exchange or get repaired asap.

My question to you all lovely wealthy people who doesn't need to save and who have spare money to buy designer bag, are you guys as fussy as me?

Do you go through the bag like I do or at least check that there is no flaws, or you just quickly scan the bag and go.."yes I will take it"

Or do you even more fussier because you are considered as valued customer and you expect nothing but perfect.

Thank you for your time ready this.

Whether one is wealthy or not should have nothing to do with expecting a bag to be in top condition. I don't know if anything is perfect. That depends on one's definition of perfect.

Why are you asking the same question in all the subforums? You created the same thread in the Chanel subforum.
I not get it...

It has nothing to do with wealth jmo.
Nobody wants to get bad quality espeally when they pay bg money or it.

Sorry I don't know how to join the 2 brand together, I am pretty new here.
I just want to get their thought of people who are LV lovers and those who are Chanel lovers.

i am not wealthy, but I consider myself lucky to be able to purchase an LV I like once in a while, of course after saving up for it. But for the price I pay for a designer item like an LV bag or SLG, I expect it to be in good enough brand new condition (no tarnish on the hardware, no stains, etc.)...not perfect mind you, but at least good enough for its condition.
After the bag has been broken in I don't mind so much about the details anymore, and it would seem from earlier posts that other people also feel the same way. HTH.
what is HTH stand for?

I think there are a lot of good points mentioned in above post.

Yes i check very carefully. i think i've become more careful because of LV bad track record of producing goods of acceptable standard. i tried to limit my LV purchase to the one i really really and/or quite unique to LV only...

I too sometimes ask them to bring more than 1 (if available) if i'm not satisfied with the one they shown me.
Ohhh thank you for your lovely replies.... :smile:
If i'm not satisfied I'll contact them and arranged an exchange.

in general, only in some brand that i trust i usually just quickly scan the item and take it. although i usually enjoy looking at my purchase shortly after i bought them. and i sometimes find any mistake there (usually in the case of the brand i trust i don't find any/many mistake).

sadly to be honest. there are a lot more dodgy quality out there these days.

the problem with LV i found is that their mistake is sometimes evidently a case of rushed/careless job.

plus they don't give discounts ;)

Thank you for the lovely replies :smile: