We Need a "Go To Page" Option!!

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
I was just in a pretty long thread (page 58 of a 153 page thread!), when my internet crashed and I had to reboot. I went back to the thread to go back to where I was and I could only page back or forward 3 or 4 pages at a time!! Is there any way to add a "Go To Page XYZ" to the Thread Tools? (I knew I had been on Page 58 at the time of the crash, so I wished I could just enter, "Go to Page 58") Or maybe some way to search by a specific date? (the thread was created in 2008 and runs currently, so if I had searched for posts created in 6/2009, I would have been closer at least).

I don't know what's involved with something like that, but I imagine I'm not the only one that this has happened to. We have a lot of really long threads here on tPF, and while sometimes you can narrow it down by searching for a specific term, that wouldn't have helped within this specific thread as many of the same terms and words have been used and repeated throughout the entire thread (and a lot of times, if you use too simple of words, the search won't even work - it'll tell you to use more specific words or that your word is too short or basic!!)

(and maybe something like this has been suggested before - but if it hasn't, would it be possible?)

Bottom right corner of the page, click the Silver/Blue Down arrow:

attachment.php

(Don't worry, I didn't know it was there either. I had to go exploring. :P )

Attachments

• GoToSnip.JPG
    GoToSnip.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 145
:nuts: OMG!! I've never seen that before! (is it newer?)
I was looking at the top -- where the "Thread Tools" & Search Box were!
Thank you so much!!:flowers:

ETA: Aha! Now I see why I didn't see it - you have to click the little drop down box in order for the window to pop up!! I never knew that was there! Thanx again!

Last edited: