We might need a mini cabat thread - The Mini Cabat thread

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just got two photos of the mini cabat. This one is Plaster with Wood (suede) interior. Price: $5400. I don’t have the measurements yet. My SA is off today and sent these from home.....I wanted to share these and figured others would have photos to share, too....
    54581731-7B40-4BF4-BD40-5D839823B814.jpeg 208902B6-1100-4C44-BB09-E8BA5820249A.jpeg

2. Looks like you just started one. :lol:
    Happy to see it’s a “real” Mini Cabat and not another of Daniel Lee’s frankencabats.

3. Thanks Diane. I think these will sell well. I like the two color scheme also, although it sort of takes away from the originality of the Cabat which was the uninterrupted inside and outside weaving pattern, doesn't it?

annie9999, diane278 and muchstuff like this.
  4. great news!!!

diane278 likes this.
  5. Thanks Diane! At that price I'll just have to keep hunting the pre-loved market though.

6. They’re back!!! Not that I’d be getting one new, but it means that I will have more options in the pre-loved market in the future! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

7. Gosh so cute! I saw someone on insta today also sharing about this. Can’t wait to hear the measurements. Feel like this is priced on the high side.

MiaT and southernbelle43 like this.
  8. +1

9. I’m really looking forward to seeing these in person. The regular size cabat is way too big and floppy for me, so I’m hoping (sort of!) that the mini will be a better fit.

Hershey'sKisses and MiaT like this.
  10. I love the mini, I think it’s the perfect size!

jburgh and catsinthebag like this.
  11. +1!

12. Thanks for sharing the info and photos, diane!

Southernbelle, I have a similar thought about the contrasting interior. On one hand, I like the color contrast, but on the other hand, I miss the continuous weave. The two different colors and materials makes me curious if they changed the construction method (maybe not?).

The fact that the interior is suede is a real negative for me. I use my Cabats as commuter bags, and I toss all sorts of stuff in there, including a water bottle and a small thermos with my breakfast yogurt in it. I haven’t had a spill (touch wood), but I’d be more nervous about the suede, anyway. I don’t think a suede interior would hold up as well looks-wise over the years as my other leather interiors have. I don’t mind the suede interiors of my other BVs, because I don’t use them as totes!

couturequeen, jburgh and MiaT like this.
  13. I totally agree. Don’t you hate it when something that is already perfect is changed, sigh.

MiaT likes this.
  14. #14 Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    It’s not a suede interior. It’s another color in Napa. In this mini, the exterior color is Plaster and the interior color is a new brown called Wood. If you recall the medium in Plaster and Lava, that’s a Nappa interior. But I do have a note into Carmel asking for confirmation.

From Carmel BV:
    “The small Cabat will be the same workmanship as the previous Cabats, double sided fettucce, the only difference is that each side has a different color.”

I think the price point is in proportion to the medium Cabat. It’s still expensive, don’t get me wrong. But if a regular Cabat is now $7500, the price tag for the small seems in alignment.

I’m waiting to see the medium Cabat in a new shade called Petrol Blue with the Wood interior.

gagabag likes this.
  15. I could be tempted if the color were right. Big birthday coming up. Not a fan of the two colors......but......

MiaT likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice