We Love Clemence Wallet Club

That "dent" looks pretty pronounced. I too have had my clemence since June (same color) and have used it as my daily wallet since then. So far it looks the same as it did when I got it. I hope you get a solution. Keep us posted...and thanks for letting us know.

Yes mine is the fuschia. As I recalled the crease was not there when I bought it. I'm going back to LV this Friday and I also hope there will be a solution. The SA did say she is going to discuss with her manager and if I am really not happy they will try and 'do something' about it. Best case scenario is them replacing the wallet but I'm not sure if I want the same one as apparently it is quite a common issue as several other ladies here have had the problem as well.

I really love zippy wallets though but could not justify spending €500+ on it so when clemence came out I snapped it up immediately ( I think I got the first fuschia in my store). So sad this happened because everything else is perfect. It was my birthday present from DH as well 😢. For those of you who had the crease since you bought it- do you mind it at all or just enjoy the wallet?

Should I get the emilie instead or ask for store credit?

It looks like your Clemence has the fuchsia interior. When I first bought Clemence, I purchased the fuchsia one because it was the most practical, timeless, go-with-anything of the three colors. It had that crease when I bought it, but it was the only fuchsia one this particular boutique had in stock so I figured I'd deal with it. I didn't want to wait and order one from the website. Well, it sat in the dust bag unused until I decided to take it to the boutique and compare it to my true love, Piment. I showed it to the SA who showed it to her manager. According to the SA, the manager said that the crease occurs where leather that forms the interior pockets ends. They didn't say this, but my guess is that the canvas on this batch was too thin and there wasn't enough padding to make those sides smooth. She also showed me two more fuchsia Clemences, one with creases just as bad as mine (and as yours) and another with thicker canvas and no creases (yet). I opted to exchange my fuchsia for the piment and couldn't be happier. No creases, no issues, wallet looks as good as new and I use it almost daily. If I recall, the canvas on my piment feels thicker than the canvas on my original fuchsia.

I also noticed that the first two letters of the date codes in the fuchsia and piment were different. Perhaps these colors were made in different factories? The fuchsia date code began with SP. My piment's code begins with MI. Both wallets were MIF.

That was exactly what my SA said as well ie about the crease occurring where the leather that forms the interior pocket ends and as the canvas is thinner as compared to a full size zippy it is more apparent.
I hope it is true that the newer batches have thicker canvas. Not sure if I want to keep the clemence or exchange it to a different one incase the problem reoccur.

. It was my birthday present from DH as well 😢. For those of you who had the crease since you bought it- do you mind it at all or just enjoy the wallet?

It does not bother me at all not and I am usually OCD on things. That being said, even if it did, I would keep it because it was a gift from my DH and isn't a major issue. If the rest of the wallet is perfect it seems like this would happen in another wallet or if not there would be something else not perfect. Good luck with your choice :smile:

Reactions: Bethdphillips
It does not bother me at all not and I am usually OCD on things. That being said, even if it did, I would keep it because it was a gift from my DH and isn't a major issue. If the rest of the wallet is perfect it seems like this would happen in another wallet or if not there would be something else not perfect. Good luck with your choice :smile:

I am not usually OCD but when it comes to LV I am 😉. I think it will bug me and especially since it is a gift fr DH and my one and only LV wallet I want it to be perfect. Anyhow I will know on Friday whether or not I get to change it. Will keep you all posted.

Hi ladies thought I'd update you. So my SA rang me today saying she got an email reply from Paris HQ. They said the creasing problem is a common issue. They are prepared to exchange the wallet for me to a new one as apparently the newer batch are better made.Fortunately I was in town so I dropped by the boutique. I couldn't bring myself to exchange to another Clemence with fear that the problem will happen again. So I asked for store credit. The SA was very nice about it but she did say that a price increase is imminent. She wouldn't be precise about it only saying before Christmas but the vibe I got was very soon maybe next week? Anyhow I'm without my Clemence now but I'm ok with it... I'm enjoying using my mini pochette as a wallet for the time being... Until I find my true love wallet. Thanks ladies for listening to me...

Hi ladies thought I'd update you. So my SA rang me today saying she got an email reply from Paris HQ. They said the creasing problem is a common issue. They are prepared to exchange the wallet for me to a new one as apparently the newer batch are better made.Fortunately I was in town so I dropped by the boutique. I couldn't bring myself to exchange to another Clemence with fear that the problem will happen again. So I asked for store credit. The SA was very nice about it but she did say that a price increase is imminent. She wouldn't be precise about it only saying before Christmas but the vibe I got was very soon maybe next week? Anyhow I'm without my Clemence now but I'm ok with it... I'm enjoying using my mini pochette as a wallet for the time being... Until I find my true love wallet. Thanks ladies for listening to me...

Thank you for both updates, Clemence and price increase. I understand being hesitant to take a chance on a new one. Now that the issue has been confirmed by LV, perhaps other tPFers with the creased Clemences could check with their boutiques and exchange as well.

No problems Happybag and miss_chiff. Yes am happy that it has been resolved. Question now is what should I buy with a €360 Louis Vuitton store credit 😉