We lost our Tasha to cancer today :(

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. We found out that she had cancer last week and considered having the surgery but the vet told us that she probably would not make it. When our cat Aja died last year we waited too long to put her down because we were cruel and self-serving and we didn't want to hurt Tasha like that so together with the vet we decided that it was time.

Our vet is an amazing man and I truly believe that he thinks about us when he is home. His entire staff knows me (I am usually the one who takes them in and with 8 - well, 7 now - we are there a lot) and I just feel so comfortable with him. I can't stop crying, every time I think I am done crying something sets me off. I just keep thinking about how 6 of the 7 cats are so close in age and what if they all deteriorate at the same time? And what if the last old one left gives up without Tash?

But yeah. Our Tasha is gone. Goodbye, Tash - I hope you and Aja are having fun together.

[​IMG]

2. Im sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you !

3. I'm so sorry you lost your Tasha. I know it was so hard but you did the right thing. I just lost my dog to cancer so I know how you feel. ((((HUGS)))) I also worry about losing my older group close together. I have 12 cats and 6 of them are about the same age. Try to just enjoy every day you have with them. That is all you can do. RIP Tasha. Your mommy loves you very much.

By the way she is adorable. She looks like she was the boss. LOL

4. I'm so sorry, Nooch. :hugs:

5. My condolences...I lost my 1st dog to cancer. It was so horrible. Rest in peace, Tasha.

6. She's a beautiful kitty, it's so hard when it's time to let them go.

7. I am so sorry. That is one beautiful cat. I know that pain that you are in, I just lost my 18 year old dog : (. If you need someone to talk to, I am here for you. I'll pray for your family and tasha:heart:

8. RIP Tasha. :hugs:

9. i am so sorry for your loss but now Tasha is whole again and running around the rainbow bridge...

10. I am so sorry for your loss. You did the right thing by letting Tasha go peacefully. *hugs*

11. awww, I'm so sorry :hugs: I hope you are at peace soon, hard when it seems to happen so quickly :sad:

12. --Aww, Nooch a pretty cat! I am so sorry for your loss. We all here at Animalicious completely understand the enormity of your loss and sadness.

I admire your strength to do a very difficult thing and not wait since you think that is what happened the last time.

I'm sure you've heard the saying, "Better a day too early than a day too late".

I just cannot do the day too early thing, but I honestly do have good instincts about what is 'the' day. At least I like to think so.

You, too, (sadly) will develop this gut feeling over the years, I am certain.

I have done it 14 times now so far. Getting too good at it :crybaby:

13. Sorry about Tasha...I know you'll miss her.

14. I am so sorry for your loss Nooch. I hope your pain subsides and that you are able to find peace.

15. Nooch, I'm so sorry to read about your adorable Tasha.