we have heard stories of rude SA s how bout rude clients?

dokboki

Dec 2, 2011
There is a thread for lovely SAs and Rude SAs, but how about rude clients? anyways, its unbelievable how rude some clients can be to SAs and even other clients. I am not one of them but the other day while I was at an H store, another customer tried to hijack my SA! and even the bag i was looking at?! how rude. she even tried to take my bag out of the box to check it out after my SA placed it inside when I told him I will be taking it! thank goodness my SA had the guts to tell her that its mine and shuffled her away.:P

do you have some horror stories about the subject? please share!:graucho:

There is a thread for lovely SAs and Rude SAs, but how about rude clients? anyways, its unbelievable how rude some clients can be to SAs and even other clients. I am not one of them but the other day while I was at an H store, another customer tried to hijack my SA! and even the bag i was looking at?! how rude. she even tried to take my bag out of the box to check it out after my SA placed it inside when I told him I will be taking it! thank goodness my SA had the guts to tell her that its mine and shuffled her away.:P

do you have some horror stories about the subject? please share!:graucho:

I was in the purse section of the Madison Ave. store recently, being helped by a junior SA, when this woman came out of nowhere, interrupted our conversation and started asking the SA a million different questions. I was too shocked to say anything but the SA handled it tactfully.

I wouldn't be surprised if "Dealing with Rude Clients" is a section in the Hermes corporate training manual ;)

i had a lady come up and snatch my kelly off the counter when i was talking on the phone... she basically quickly strode over, pounced on it, grabbed it and said " i want to buy this!". and she walked off quickly with my bag to the other end of the store, admired herself in the mirror, and passed it to her team of family who were also around to try on...and refused to let go. The SA who was serving her took it and told her I was still looking at it and thus she had to wait, and told her to come back in an hour in case I rejected it.

She went out of the store for a quick walk ( 5 mins) and rushed back in, which by then I had said I'd take it... needless to say she was very upset and I had to deal with the dirty looks from her family and her, and also alot of rude words directed at me! They were going around the store saying they'd pay extra for all the bags available instore... I can understand when someone is disappointed if they don't walk out with a K or B but getting angry with its original ( i pre-ordered this bag) owner is really ridiculous!

A lady and her husband game in and asked for a Birkin....the SA gave them the reserved speech about how they did have any.....she stormed out loudly declaring she was off to Louis Vuitton. I told the SA's "I hope she knows she won't be able to find a Birkin there either" We had a good laugh about it.

One particular time I had a lady take my Birkin (one I own and was carrying that day - not one I was trying on) and walk to a mirror to see how it looked being carried by her. The kicker was, it was right next to me as I was looking at various silks. Upon closer inspection, she looked inside as said "OMG this is someone's bag, Ooops! I thought it may have been for sale or at least for display.." Right then I was rushing over from the silks counter to tell her "I beg your pardon, but THIS one is NOT for sale"!!! Geez talk about some being desperate for these bags!!!!! SA, DH and I were :nono::wtf:

A lady and her husband game in and asked for a Birkin....the SA gave them the reserved speech about how they did have any.....she stormed out loudly declaring she was off to Louis Vuitton. I told the SA's "I hope she knows she won't be able to find a Birkin there either" We had a good laugh about it.

:lol:

One particular time I had a lady take my Birkin (one I own and was carrying that day - not one I was trying on) and walk to a mirror to see how it looked being carried by her. The kicker was, it was right next to me as I was looking at various silks. Upon closer inspection, she looked inside as said "OMG this is someone's bag, Ooops! I thought it may have been for sale or at least for display.." Right then I was rushing over from the silks counter to tell her "I beg your pardon, but THIS one is NOT for sale"!!! Geez talk about some being desperate for these bags!!!!! SA, DH and I were :nono::wtf:

This happends to me all the time. I usually find it quite rude but don't realli mind if I am carrying a togo or clemence Birkin, but once it happend with my Barenia and I was shocked since I don't let anyone touch it, not even DH or DD. The lady didn't even apologized.. Since than my SA decided to always put my birkins behind the conter to avoid people touching them.
Nce there was a lady that was to order a birkin and since she never saw it IRL, she couldn't decide, so she asked me if mine was a 30 or a 35 and I told her it was a 35. Still, she never carried one, so she couldn't decide and I offered her to try mine on. She was really happy, and went to the mirror and commenting it with her DH. She was nice and thankd me a lot.

that happens to me all the time!! albeit not with hermes, but at chanel it is a constant problem. if i put my bags down, they get snatched right up :lol: of course it feels exponentially worse if someone snatches your Birkin I am sure!!

Costa and LambourghiniGirl....Yes like you Costa, as of the last couple times my SA has moved my purses, purchases and other items to the back counter behind the registers. Much like you both noted, it is a common occurance I think in many luxury stores where items are scarce or considered "hot items". The scariest, and I hope it never happens, is the potential for someone to scurry off with the bag (or contents), despite store security. I do not leave things so "freely" anymore....

I don't get it about high mighty character for some women who presumed they are toting Croc Birkins, or happen to be "so-called" experts in their Hermes knowledge, have to act like as if they own the store, sneering at others w/cheaper Hermes bags including non-exotic Bs and give that evil eye, "oh, you're clueless".

I observed this many times albeit in different situations both local and overseas. 1st, there are many ladies out there who don't feel a need to 'show-off' their knowledge and choose to remain anonymous with the size of their collection.

2ndly, toting a Croc Birkin not = to being snobby. I detest such individual. Someone who tote a Picotin, may own a Croc B w/DHW and plenty more @ home.

Thanks to H gods, my local Hermes marketing director don't tote Birkins during events. At least, she has her own style which is a message to everyone. During today's event, it's nice to see a Christine GM for the first time. When I see that, immediately, I can tell, this is someone who has the knowledge, yet she remain anonymous in her presence. Seeing that, badly make me lust. To all who are looking for Cross-body bags like Evelyne, don't want 'H' even if hidden, there's the Christine GM!!:tender:

i had a lady come up and snatch my kelly off the counter when i was talking on the phone... she basically quickly strode over, pounced on it, grabbed it and said " i want to buy this!". and she walked off quickly with my bag to the other end of the store, admired herself in the mirror, and passed it to her team of family who were also around to try on...and refused to let go. The SA who was serving her took it and told her I was still looking at it and thus she had to wait, and told her to come back in an hour in case I rejected it.

She went out of the store for a quick walk ( 5 mins) and rushed back in, which by then I had said I'd take it... needless to say she was very upset and I had to deal with the dirty looks from her family and her, and also alot of rude words directed at me! They were going around the store saying they'd pay extra for all the bags available instore... I can understand when someone is disappointed if they don't walk out with a K or B but getting angry with its original ( i pre-ordered this bag) owner is really ridiculous!

that is horrible!!! im glad u stood your ground. big families can be intimidating but i cant imagine how long you waited for you pre order. and for having someone try it out,,, grrrrrrr. a simple apology to u would have been ok, she didnt hve to go off and have a tantrum.

I don't get it about high mighty character for some women who presumed they are toting Croc Birkins, or happen to be "so-called" experts in their Hermes knowledge, have to act like as if they own the store, sneering at others w/cheaper Hermes bags including non-exotic Bs and give that evil eye, "oh, you're clueless".

I observed this many times albeit in different situations both local and overseas. 1st, there are many ladies out there who don't feel a need to 'show-off' their knowledge and choose to remain anonymous with the size of their collection.

2ndly, toting a Croc Birkin not = to being snobby. I detest such individual. Someone who tote a Picotin, may own a Croc B w/DHW and plenty more @ home.

Thanks to H gods, my local Hermes marketing director don't tote Birkins during events. At least, she has her own style which is a message to everyone. During today's event, it's nice to see a Christine GM for the first time. When I see that, immediately, I can tell, this is someone who has the knowledge, yet she remain anonymous in her presence. Seeing that, badly make me lust. To all who are looking for Cross-body bags like Evelyne, don't want 'H' even if hidden, there's the Christine GM!!:tender:

thx for saying this iffah. totali agree. a lady at FSh with a glass of champagne and on her lap was a croc birkin. pretty sure she was a VIP or regular coz of the drink. I think she was waiting for her SA. she was standing around like she owns the store.not moving even if if shw as in people s way. lol. owning a croc birkin does not give you an excuse to be rude. similar thing happened to me at a chanel store. lady with a croc hogging space.

This happends to me all the time. I usually find it quite rude but don't realli mind if I am carrying a togo or clemence Birkin, but once it happend with my Barenia and I was shocked since I don't let anyone touch it, not even DH or DD. The lady didn't even apologized.. Since than my SA decided to always put my birkins behind the conter to avoid people touching them.
Nce there was a lady that was to order a birkin and since she never saw it IRL, she couldn't decide, so she asked me if mine was a 30 or a 35 and I told her it was a 35. Still, she never carried one, so she couldn't decide and I offered her to try mine on. She was really happy, and went to the mirror and commenting it with her DH. She was nice and thankd me a lot.

thats so sweet of u. im pretty sure she appreciated it cuz i would. :smile: but abt the barenia!! aaaaaaaaarghhh i would be horrified just because of how sensitive the leather can be!

I've had people pick up my bags and it doesn't bother me. Usually I then offer to let them try the bag in front of a mirror and they really appreciate it. Generally they're just excited to see and potentially be able to handle one of the Hermes bags since they aren't often on display in the stores.

You could easily encounter people like this in any store who are attracted to something you are wearing or carrying. It isn't exclusive to Hermes or any other luxury goods retailer.

I guess the purpose of this thread baffles me - I really don't understand why anyone would want to focus on negative experiences with any brand or item :shrugs: