we always say france is the cheapest but how about Monaco?

ayla

nyan nyan percent
O.G.
Oct 19, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
^ Traditionally, France is the cheapest since it is home of the Vuitton. It's cheaper in the UK, relatively speaking, due to the lowered quid. :s

missbanff

Done here
O.G.
May 19, 2007
France is definitely cheaper than the US, but not sure how it is compared to the Netherlands.

Sweetgurl

O.G.
Jan 6, 2009
I was intrigue by that !!! it's a good question and i think i have the answer.

I recently got an agenda pm damier azur on ebay, which price is 190 euros on Lv french website.

The owner sent me the package and guess what !!! he bought it at monaco on 2008 !!! and it's still the same price!!

So even if in Monaco you save tax, LV doesn't adjust the price for them. ;)

Attachments

Sabine

O.G.
Apr 12, 2006
The Netherlands
I was intrigue by that !!! it's a good question and i think i have the answer.

I recently got an agenda pm damier azur on ebay, which price is 190 euros on Lv french website.

The owner sent me the package and guess what !!! he bought it at monaco on 2008 !!! and it's still the same price!!

So even if in Monaco you save tax, LV doesn't adjust the price for them. ;)

thank you. You are right i got the same answer from Vuitton in an E-mail. I think this is rather nasty, they just put the 19% in their own pockets

Sweetgurl

O.G.
Jan 6, 2009
thank you. You are right i got the same answer from Vuitton in an E-mail. I think this is rather nasty, they just put the 19% in their own pockets

Yea it's true! but i think most of the luxury brand over there do that too !!! there must not be the only one !!