Ways to wear the Mini Flap bag?

Is it the 2-grommets one? You can wear it crossbody or shorten the chain under the flap (with a ribbon, a piece of velcro or key ring) to wear it as a shoulder bag.
You can also criss cross the chain and loop it under the bag to wear it as a shoulder bag (with double chain). When you use it this way, remember not to carry heavy stuff in your bag, as it can damage the flap.

But if you have a 4-grommets mini, you can change from cross body to double chain shoulder bag or to single chain shoulder bag easily.
HTH :smile:

Last edited:
Oooh!! Thank you ironic568!! Really appreciate it! Yes, it is the two grommet!! I knew there is a 4 grommet version but I'm not sure if that is something they still make or not? Seems like most are 2 grommet. I'll try to play around with it once I get it and thanks for your tips!!

Oooh!! Thank you ironic568!! Really appreciate it! Yes, it is the two grommet!! I knew there is a 4 grommet version but I'm not sure if that is something they still make or not? Seems like most are 2 grommet. I'll try to play around with it once I get it and thanks for your tips!!

You're welcome!
Yes, 4-grommets minis are no longer made (I heard). You can still get them from resellers for an arm and a leg :P
I have a 2-grommets mini, and it works fine, you just need to invent some ways to wear it different ways :biggrin:

I heart my minis :hbeat:. I have a black and a lavender one. They are so freakin' adorable :smile: I use the black one alot. I also have 3 WOCs, that I love too, but I find them very different than the minis. The mini has more space and it looks like a classic flap (which I like).
You made a good choice to buy the mini first, you can always buy a WOC later on (it's the more "affordable" bag from Chanel, depending on style)

Thank you...I feel glad to hear!! Can I ask if yours is the rectangular mini or the square mini? The one they are shipping to me is the square. I wonder if there's any difference in terms of the room inside the bag?

I have both rectangular and square. And I love both, but I will give you the differences (the way I see it) here:
* square is taller, but not as wide as the rectangular one. It's "square" :P
* to me, rectangular holds a bit more, but that really depends on how you arrange your stuff inside
* if you have a long wallet, rectangular will be better
* rectangular looks more like a classic flap, although I like this, I do like the square too, because it's different than the classic flap, but it's still a classic (haha, I hope I make any sense)
* Rectangular mini is not hard shaped. The structure of the 2 sides is weaker than the square mini. Square holds its shape better (though this also depends on the kind of leather: caviar, patent or lamb)
* The square mini has been around for decades, it is the "original" and classic mini
* Chain on the square mini (at least mine) is shorter than the rectangular mini. So which one will suit you better (cross body) depends on how tall you are. I'm 5.3 and square works just fine.

Conclusion: I love both and use both but I think the square mini is a little bit "cuter"

Reactions: bagaholic1
I will be receiving my very first Chanel bag....the mini flap bag next week! Can anyone tell me what ways I can wear the bag?? I'm super excited!! :smile:

Thank you!!

Congratulations to you on your first Chanel bag! I have the black square mini also and love it I like the square more than the rectangular. I'm sure you will love yours! Congrats again!

I have both rectangular and square. And I love both, but I will give you the differences (the way I see it) here:
* square is taller, but not as wide as the rectangular one. It's "square" :P
* to me, rectangular holds a bit more, but that really depends on how you arrange your stuff inside
* if you have a long wallet, rectangular will be better
* rectangular looks more like a classic flap, although I like this, I do like the square too, because it's different than the classic flap, but it's still a classic (haha, I hope I make any sense)
* Rectangular mini is not hard shaped. The structure of the 2 sides is weaker than the square mini. Square holds its shape better (though this also depends on the kind of leather: caviar, patent or lamb)
* The square mini has been around for decades, it is the "original" and classic mini
* Chain on the square mini (at least mine) is shorter than the rectangular mini. So which one will suit you better (cross body) depends on how tall you are. I'm 5.3 and square works just fine.

Conclusion: I love both and use both but I think the square mini is a little bit "cuter"

This helped me so much. I received mine last week and I LOVE IT! I've tried your suggestions! Thanks once again for your tips!

Is it the 2-grommets one? You can wear it crossbody or shorten the chain under the flap (with a ribbon, a piece of velcro or key ring) to wear it as a shoulder bag.
You can also criss cross the chain and loop it under the bag to wear it as a shoulder bag (with double chain). When you use it this way, remember not to carry heavy stuff in your bag, as it can damage the flap.

But if you have a 4-grommets mini, you can change from cross body to double chain shoulder bag or to single chain shoulder bag easily.
HTH :smile:

could you show pictures?

Your pics are super adorable! Thank you for sharing as I'm almost 90% sure I'm going to go with the Mini over the M/L once my SA calls me (waitlisted on like 6 things haha)