Way to take a stand Candace!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #16 Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2008
    Here is the email they wrote me a month or two ago, I forgot about it...

Hello, Ms. Westlund,

Your letter to the editor re: Graydon Carter condoning the purchasing of
    knockoffs is being considered for publication in the September issue of
    Vanity Fair.

As such I'm writing to you to confirm that you did, in fact, write this
    letter and to say that it may be edited for length.

Please confirm via return e-mail or by phone xxx.

Thanks very much.

Cheers,

Simon Brennan
    Vanity Fair

2. I just wrote to VF. I won't paste it here, just in case my name and email gets published (to protect my anonymity). I'm boycotting too. Seriously, do they even know that their target demograpic is like?

3. :yahoo: !!!!!
    If they are going to be flip with me, I guess I deserved it because I didn't sit down and write a thoughtful message. I wrote the first thing that came to mind. But two can play the flippant game, and I'm better at it than they are!

4. Damn Right! :okay:

5. You go guuuurl!!

6. yay! :tpfrox:

7. i bought that copy but haven't read it yet.

8. F:cursing:k Vanity Fair. Their mag has seriously gone into the toilet.

I thought they were being very condescending to you Candace.

9. This is completely offtopic, but I just noticed that you are from Corvallis and I am really hoping to move there next year for school, as one of my top choice schools is there. If everything works out, we'll be almost neighbours ! :heart:

10. Just another reason for me to loathe Graydon and his magazine.

11. Yay Candace! :woohoo:

12. Wait! I thought VF was supposed to be a high fashion like magazine (correct me if I'm wrong)... Sooo why are they condoning fakes??? am I missing something? I don't really read that magazine a lot unless so maybe it just me lol

13. That's awesome Candace!! Good for you dahling :smile:

14. :dothewave:

I think this is the 3rd (or 4th?) time today that I'm telling you that you totally rock--which you do! :love:

I love the vaguely condescending/vaguely annoyed 'cheers' closing salutation of the guy's e-mail to you. So self-consciously dorky!! And yet, he somehow manages to make the magazine seem even more repugnant than it normally is --and I really didn't think that was ever possible.

:heart:

15. AWESOME!!!! Don't hesitate to ask me questions if you want to know anything about hardCorvallis. It's a great city to go to college in. By the time you move here, I'll be in Iraq, but still!!!! I will help you with anything you need!!!