waxing ??

I know this has been the case for my mom. She has been waxing her legs for years and now she gets very few hairs. I dont know if this is the case for everyone though.

It pulls from the root so hair grows back finer at least IMO. No sure if you get less hair but it's longer lasting than shaving for most who do wax.

It does for me. I've been waxing everything since high school and I have definitely noticed a decrease in the hair, especially on my legs. I've heard that if you do it long enough that eventually the hair stops growing altogether because the root is dead.

It does for me as well. I started getting my legs waxed a couple of years ago and I definitely see less hair on my legs now... and they are thinner than before.

Wow - this has not at all been my experience. I've been waxing for over 10 years, and there is still a lot of hair on my legs.
Are they growing back finer though? I don't think the amount of hairs decreased for me but it is finer when it grows back. Everyone's experience will differ. I've known some women who swore off waxing cause it does nothing for them. Their hair isn't any finer when it grew back.

True for me - I'm 25, been waxing since I was 12. The hair on my legs now only grows back in patches, some places it doesn't grow back at all. And its still very fine. Plus it doesn't hurt anymore - I think my nerve endings are dead! Lol!

It's true! I started waxing my brows at 13 and I practically had a hedge growing across my forehead back then. Now, I barely have to wax my eyebrows and they stay in the shape I want them to with little effort.

yes, it's true for most people. Waxing pulls out the hair from the root thus slightly damaging the follicle each time, eventually it'll stop growing hairs.

Its been the case for me. I've been waxing since I was 15, and I don't have to wax as often anymore. In some places, hair doesn't grow at all, and in other places it grows back very fine. It doesn't hurt anymore either, lol which is great!