Watersnake Discoloration/Yellowing

marbella8

O.G.
Jan 27, 2009
I searched and only found a thread where one pair's watersnake pattern was different than the other. However, I would like to ask what to do with watersnake pumps, if one is discolored a bit yellow, and the other is still off white. There have been a few pair of Altadamas, New Simples, and Horatios around my size (but all 1/2 a size too big:shrugs:), so to be ready to bid and when the right size comes up!!!

Here's my question: is there any way to fix the yellowed watersnake, so that it lightens up. So, both pairs become off white. I definitely don't want to darken or yellow them.

Someone on here darkened hers, so they became more yellow, and to be frank, I like the off-white look of the watersnakes.

Thanks as always!

Mar

you won't be able to lighten, and there's no point really; as you wear them both will show yellowing over time with exposure, KWIM? my ariella talons have def. taken on a yellow tinge. . . if you like the white/grey colour combo, why not go for grey python? it's about the same and i don't believe it yellows (^(oo)^)

I searched and only found a thread where one pair's watersnake pattern was different than the other. However, I would like to ask what to do with watersnake pumps, if one is discolored a bit yellow, and the other is still off white. There have been a few pair of Altadamas, New Simples, and Horatios around my size (but all 1/2 a size too big:shrugs:), so to be ready to bid and when the right size comes up!!!

Here's my question: is there any way to fix the yellowed watersnake, so that it lightens up. So, both pairs become off white. I definitely don't want to darken or yellow them.

Someone on here darkened hers, so they became more yellow, and to be frank, I like the off-white look of the watersnakes.

Thanks as always!

Mar

How did someone darken theirs? I couldn't find the thread...Thanks!!

Thanks lvpiggy, that's good to know that they will yellow. I really don't like the yellowing, because I don't tend to wear a lot of brown, beiges, etc. outfits that I would wear with those shoes, so I will definitely try to find either a pair that looks very off white and not yellowed, and keep them in the box, away from light or maybe a grey pair like you were suggesting.

pyari- I think lvpiggy is correct, the yellowing is from exposure to light, so I assume keeping the shoes in the box and away from sources of light would be best.

ellewoods- here is the link to the other person speaking about the different pattern, rather than different colors: http://forum.purseblog.com/christian-louboutin-shoes/need-help-with-whipsnake-vps-445143.html.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Thanks lvpiggy, that's good to know that they will yellow. I really don't like the yellowing, because I don't tend to wear a lot of brown, beiges, etc. outfits that I would wear with those shoes, so I will definitely try to find either a pair that looks very off white and not yellowed, and keep them in the box, away from light or maybe a grey pair like you were suggesting.

pyari- I think lvpiggy is correct, the yellowing is from exposure to light, so I assume keeping the shoes in the box and away from sources of light would be best.

ellewoods- here is the link to the other person speaking about the different pattern, rather than different colors: http://forum.purseblog.com/christian-louboutin-shoes/need-help-with-whipsnake-vps-445143.html.

Thanks everyone!

just a heads up tho - i actually do keep mine in the box, but the very act of wearing them out & about will likely cause them to yellow eventually, unless you only wear them at night - just something to keep in mind

(^(oo)^)v

just a heads up tho - i actually do keep mine in the box, but the very act of wearing them out & about will likely cause them to yellow eventually, unless you only wear them at night - just something to keep in mind

(^(oo)^)v

Oh, yikes, you are right, I should have thought of that. So, I guess it'll be to the office or meetings, but not out to a day party :biggrin: Thanks, I appreciate the advice!