Waterproofing a vintage buy?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello

I purchased(eagerly awaiting!) a Montsouris MM and of course it has a gorgeous patina and little bits of watermarks/dirt. I plan on using apple garde cleaner and conditioner. The question is, should I bother with waterproofing it? Or would it be too late for that?

Thanks!!

2. Please don't use Apple Cleaner. It's a harsh chemical product that will skin your patina. Apple Leather Care is the only safe, mild conditioner in that product line, and your bag doesn't need it unless you see visible cracking to the vachetta surface.

I advise leaving it just as is and enjoying your bag.

snibor and fabuleux like this.
  3. Hello

Ok thank you! I purchased the apple leather care conditioner. I was thinking to get the dirt off using the cleaner but it’s not a bad staining so could I use a baby wipe first?

4. Baby wipes are designed for baby butts. I’ve used Lexol leather cleaner on an old lv with no problems. It is available at Walmart and lots of auto supply shops.