Watermelon bag is mine! Question

shezarealgem

Apr 1, 2009
I finally won a watermelon bag!!! I'm so excited and it should be here Thursday. Question for anyone that may have one- How does it carry? Mine is the small square handled verison...not the slim tote. Does it only hand carry or can you get it into the crook of your arm??? I've wanted one forever and won this one (poorly listed) for $30 SHIPPED!!!:yahoo:

It looks to need a good cleaning but all stitching is said to be tight and zipper is good. Can't wait to give it some love and elbow grease. Here is the listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370235566199&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Ohh... so glad you won one....I have one too. ( Mine was also 30 shipped on a crazy low ending bid) I think you commented in my reveal thead a couple of months ago....I remember you wanted one. Congrats!

ok, so I LOVE my bag....have been using it a lot this week and I have to say, I am not crazy about how it carries, but I still love it. I feel like I am always repositioning it for comfort. I carry it like a briefcase with the handles or carry it on my fore arm......

I am curious to hear how yours smells.....mine after a month of airing out is useable....but I can still smell the old coset a little bit and I think it will eventually go away....this was all after a bath, many conditionings and some heated lavendar bud bundle therapy. :P Hope yours smells better!

I will be interested to see how it smells too! I'll try a bath and one of those baking soda disks if need be. I remember that you won one, glad to hear that you love her! Yours looks to be in better shape than mine patina wise, I can't wait to see how bad mine really is.

Last edited:
I will be interested to see how it smells too! I'll try a bath and one of those baking soda disks if need be. I remember that you won one, glad to hear that you love her! Yours looks to be in better shape than mine patina wise, I can't wait to see how bad mine really is.

I was nervous too but I am telling you.......it looks SOOO much better after a bath and some conditioning.....plus if you add a dark brown charm, it actually accents the beauty of the patina......

here are some before and after photos of mine.....http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/lo...intage-project-bag-481236-3.html#post11952349

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post photos of your transformation.

Last edited:
I will post before and after photos for sure! I have a couple brass charms and the brown embossed dog charm...I bet one of those will look cute. I also have the Bonnie stripe scarf so that might work well.

Well, she has arrived and she is a mess. Poor girl, she seems to have had a hard life. Stitching is tight, zipper perfect, everything is awesome except for INK everywhere and a horrible cigarette odor that appeared once she got wet. (the wtarer actually turned bright YELLOW!) Here are pics right out of the box. I've washed her and will post a fresh out of the bathtub pic next.

Oh, she has no serial numbers, just a small "COACH" stamp in the inside. Anyone know what year she might be?????

Attachments

• before1.jpg
    before1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 122
  • before4.jpg
    before4.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 106
  • before3.jpg
    before3.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 99
Ok, so I soaked her in a bath of cold water wash for delicates. As she soaked the water turned the most disgusting shade of yellow and I started to smell cigarettes. She did NOT smell when dry. Needless to say the water was so gross it stained my hands! I kept rinsing it and it still was running yellow so I did the best I could. The handles were black and sticky...really gross. I used a scrubby sponge with shampoo on it (figured shampoo would delictately cut the grease) and scrubbed them. It worked! The handles seem to look really good!!! :yahoo: Here she is wet. I got as much ink as i could out but I couldnt get it all.

Attachments

• after1.jpg
    after1.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 126
looks great so far! I can't believe the water turned that yellow and the handles black!!!! Its a wonder what cigarette smoke will do after all those years....can't wait to see the finished product after she dries and gets conditioned....maybe put on gloves? LOL