Watermarking pics (for ebay, etc.) q

Well, you need a halfway decent graphics program - there's a free one called GIMP, which I've never used.

What you want to do is put your screenname or whatever into the text dialog and make it say, 75% transparent. One way of doing this is to make a 2nd layer, put on the text using the text wizard, and just making the whole layer 75% transparent (or 25% opaque). That percent is not a hard figure - tweak it till it looks nice. Then merge the layers (should be a menu option) and save it like normal.

There is a website you can do it on also http://www.birddogsgarage.com/bdgwatermark/user.php
Its fairly simple and free!

I use my photo editing software photo suite and I do a collage then add/edit text. I use a bright neon color so its impossible for anyone to remove it without losing the pictured detail.

A New thing I've started is I wrote my user id on a card and put the card with my bag in all my pictures! Much less time consuming
Good Luck :smile:

Alternately, you can sign up with a photo hosting service like Inkfrog (it's something like $9.95 a month) and you can set it to auto-watermark your pics with the color/text of your choice.

Much easier than transparencies and layers, trust me!

I once saw a seller do the homemade watermark--I think it was her boyfriend that held a card with her id in all of the pix--funny to see a guy's hand holding a card, sort of disembodied in front of every purse. It was cute and easy.

I once saw a seller do the homemade watermark--I think it was her boyfriend that held a card with her id in all of the pix--funny to see a guy's hand holding a card, sort of disembodied in front of every purse. It was cute and easy.

:yes: I ever gave sign of my item by put my bear near the bag :P

Hm, if you want to do it fast and easy, just use Paint on your computer (if you are on a windows)... You know, the Paint program if you click on your start menu.. then programs, then accessories.. you'll see paint..

That's how I watermark my pictures. easy and simple without having to get all the other programs.

I am newly (today!) converted to IrfanView - there's full instructions in the feedback drop box sub-forum.:tup:

Fantastic program, it's easy to use and free too.