Watercolor...Trendy It bag or Staple??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Is the Watercolor Speedy a staple bag?

1. Yes!!!!!!!!!!

2. No way....

3. I don't like it so I dont' care....

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. As May 1st comes closer and closer, I am starting to rethink my potential purcahse of the speedy vvn watercolor... thinking... "hmm.. will this bag be a staple in my collection, or something that I will only wear for one season and be sick of?"
    I know it is hard to tell with out actually SEEING the bag in person yet, but I am not one to buy expensive bags every season (more like once a year) so if I buy one, I want to be able to use it forever....

do you guys think the watercolor speedy will be one of those FOREVER bags or one of those "hot for now" bags? I can't tell... what do you think? :confused1:

2. A thing of beauty is a joy forever...

3. You are too cute!!!;)

4. I have the exotic speedy and for me it is a staple of my collection. I adore Richard Prince and cannot imagine not having a bag from this coveted collection.

5. I think it depends greatly on the consumer. For me it's trendy, and I like it ~ can not wait until I get mine ... however I don't think it'll a timeless bag, for one I'll eventually get old and be a Grandma and can't imagine me carrying the Aquarelle then ~ LOL! .... BUT, that's just my opinion!

6. LOL.. good point about becoming a grandma. :roflmfao:

7. I dont think it's a Staple.....more of a Trendy it bag

8. I think it's trendy but the style (speedy) is a classic, so it's not as much of an "it" bag as other styles.

9. I think the print is a bit trendy but the framed shape is definitely a timeless classic. With that combo, its really up to you whether you think you will be using it a year or two from now.

10. i think it has a unique mix it is both bang on trend right now but also classic appeal

11. I've had the exotic speedy for about a week now. Initially I thought it would be a special occasion bag for me. However, I've found myself reaching for it more often than I had expected. It's just so easy to carry, and it's a very good size. I would say it's on the trendy side. However, mine is the framed speedy, which gives it somewhat of a retro look. I have no idea if it will be a staple of my collection in a few years, but for now I'm glad I bought it.

12. Ok. I am referring to the exotic speedy. I feel it is trendy till I saw Label Addicts modeling pixs...Now I think it is a classic IT bag and wish I have dug into my wallet to pay for this bag when my sa first showed it to me last month.

As for the VVN...a tad more trendy but ALAS...it is a speedy so I've got to say it can be a staple ;)

13. I think the print is trendy because it's exotic but it's not a staple.
    The speedy is definitely a staple. So it just might be considered as a only half-staple? :hrmm:
    Haha. I'm not a fan of the print but I am a fan of the speedy style.

I think in order to truly judge if it's going to be a staple is if you're going to use it to the fullest. Afterall, not much sense in acquiring a bag that will sit in its sleeper in your closet, right? You can definitely make it a staple for yourself, so long as you love it, carry it (& ROCK it while you do!), and take care of it to last for years to come (or however long you'd want to hang onto it before your next LV love) :yes:
    Nevertheless, I think it's one of those bags that will turn heads & make people take a second (or third, or forth) look.

14. I think it's trendy but I could be wrong.

15. Thanks guys... it seems like you all have different feelings on it. I guess I will have to wait and see the bag IRL and decide what I think.

I do agree that the speedy style is classic, but the pattern, might not be... Aaagh... now I"m thinking just get the neverfull in Mono since I was waiting for the damier version, but now i can't get that til next year... I keep going back and forth!!!! I wish May 1st would just come so I can stop agonizing and make a decision already! lol