Watercolor Speedy 35 question

isabellam

O.G.
Feb 16, 2009
Hello!
I did a search about this and couldn't find an answer to my specific question.

I'm so excited!! I bought my very first LV on ebay yesterday (thanks for your help, authenticators! you've given me great peace of mind!). I purchased a brand-new-looking White Watercolor Speedy 35!!!

I'm wondering about base shapers. Is a Watercolor Speedy 35 exactly the same size/shape as a regular Speedy 35? I'm wondering if I need to buy a special brand of base shaper, or if any one will do.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

isabellam

O.G.
Feb 16, 2009
They are the same size. Congrats on your new bag!!

yeah!!! I hate having to shop around for odd, hard-to-find items. (Funny that I should say that, though. Watercolors are discontinued and I shopped around for mine for a year!) LOL

Thanks for the congrats. I'm so excited, I'm about to split!!!

AECornell

Mrs. Lawson <3
O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
Brooklyn
Did you get white or brown? I have the brown and I LOVE it!

You definitely need a base shaper if you don't carry a ton of stuff around. The bag gets SO saggy with only a few items in it!

CGS

Jan 3, 2009
yeah!!! I hate having to shop around for odd, hard-to-find items. (Funny that I should say that, though. Watercolors are discontinued and I shopped around for mine for a year!) LOL

Thanks for the congrats. I'm so excited, I'm about to split!!!
I dont blame you! I want this bag sooooooo bad!!!!! Cant wait to see the pictures!!

isabellam

O.G.
Feb 16, 2009
I purchased a white watercolor speedy 35. I wear the colors in it all the time, so it will go with nearly everything I wear in summer.

It was a stretch to get this, financially, but I just couldn't pass up this particular bag. It is perfect, authentic, and honestly, the prices are just going up and up for these bags. Last year at this time, when I first began wanting one, there were lots of white ones on ebay, for 1100, 1200. Now, there are just a couple, and they are looking more and more used, AND they are asking $1800 and on up to 2200 for one.

paruparo

Live.Laugh.Love.
O.G.
Nov 16, 2009
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Congrats!!!!! ive been thinking about getting that too, but im not sure about the size-- if it would look too big on me...
But its a beautiful purchase! enjoy your new bag!!

isabellam

O.G.
Feb 16, 2009
thanks! I took her out for the first time today and enjoyed it thoroughly! I don't think I'm going to get a base shaper just yet. It seems to stay nicely shaped just like it is. I put lots of stuff in it, so that probably helps.