Water Stain? Please Help!

aa12

O.G.
Apr 26, 2007
Please help me if you have any advice or suggestions!!

I was wearing my Navy PS1 yesterday and it was drizzling a little, but I had an umbrella, I looked at my bag today and on the front and on the top corner there are these black spots, the front spot is fairly large and I don't know what to do?

I hope its not ruined, I just got it :sad:

Please someone help if you can!

Thank you so much!

Hi, so sorry about the spots, is it leather or suede? The PS1 in leather are usually lamb and they are a bit sensitive. The spots will blend in with time but I'd try to find a matching color leather polish and apply just on the spot with a tiny q-tip, wait buff with a cloth.

Hope the PS1 recovers.

Its the leather one. I'm not even sure its water, but can't imagine what else it would be? Its a blue bag and the spot in the front is quite large and its black...

For the PS1 I think depends on the leather and the color, older PS1:s were lamb and a water drop leaves a dark spot (I tried on my 2010 smoke PS1). Some newer colors shows no spots at all though. Some websites include type of leather in the descriptions, calf or lamb.

I don't have any good suggestions, I have a feeling the dark stain comes from within the leather. The water goes right into the leather, like a sponge. I treated my smoke with a leather conditioner and a bit of color polish came off on the cloth when buffing, that's why I think a matching polish would hide the spot a bit.

I don't have any good suggestions, I have a feeling the dark stain comes from within the leather. The water goes right into the leather, like a sponge. I treated my smoke with a leather conditioner and a bit of color polish came off on the cloth when buffing, that's why I think a matching polish would hide the spot a bit.

Thank you for your advice, I'm going to see what happens...

Hi, I know a shop here in New Jersey that repairs every kind of issue for luxury handbag brands. I think they will be able to help you as they repaired one of my Gucci bags with a very large water stain (the whole bottom of the bag) a few years ago. The result of the repair was outstanding as I showed the handbag to other people and they couldn't tell there was a water stain there previously. Let me know if your are insterested so I can provide you with the store info and they should be able to assist you. Good luck!

I had a huge water stain on my leather bag (the stain had been there for a few months though so it wasn't a fresh stain), it wasnt that expensive of a bag so I tried soaking and washing it in woolite. it was probably not the best idea! i had seen on here people washing their vintage coach bags and getting rid of the stains so i thought, why not try? basically all it did was make my bag bleed dye. after i dried it the stain was faded but still visible. then I used apple leather conditioner on the dried bag and now the stain is completely gone.
i think the leather conditioner is what helped.

personally i wouldnt try to fix it on your own because a PS1 is pricey enough that you wouldn't want to mess up on it. i would take it to a cobbler or leather repair place, im pretty sure they'd be able to somehow fix it and i dont think it would be that expensive.

I have cleaned my leather bags with stains by dipping a white towel/cloth in a mild water and detergent mix and working in a circle pattern barely wetting the leather. Once the purse is finished you will want to buff out as much liquid as you can and place in front of a fan to dry. After they are totally dry I apply a leather conditioner. I have had good luck with dirt and water stains, good luck!