Water spots!

V.Lenore

Dec 30, 2012
I know this has probably been addressed on here. but I was walking to my car in the parking lot at work, and out of nowhere it started down pouring and I was carrying my graceful. I tucked the handle into the bag as quick as I could but it still got some water spots on one side... my bag is only three months old so it doesn’t really have a patina and I only use it on sunny days... i’ve read suggestions on using baby wipes across all the vachetta to get it to blend but I’m afraid to do that does anybody have any tips on what to do for water spots?? I don’t want to ruin my bag further

If it really bothers you, you can use a slightly damp white towel or sock to even it out. Search this forum for "patina champ" method. I've tried it and it works! But honestly , you WILL eventually forget about the water spots and just chalk it up to a memory with a bag that you love and enjoy. I really had to let go and relax so I could enjoy my bags....kinda like the first scratch on a new car!

Reactions: V.Lenore
If it really bothers you, you can use a slightly damp white towel or sock to even it out. Search this forum for "patina champ" method. I've tried it and it works! But honestly , you WILL eventually forget about the water spots and just chalk it up to a memory with a bag that you love and enjoy. I really had to let go and relax so I could enjoy my bags....kinda like the first scratch on a new car!

This! I just bought my first LV bag almost 3 weeks ago, and I used this method. I saw a few articles and Youtube videos that said to use baby wipes everyday, as well as all these leather protectors and conditioners. I almost considered doing that, but I spoke with a few people from LV who said NOT to do that. The SA who sold me my bag also reached out to me to see how I was liking the bag, and I got to talking to her about caring for vachetta. She also said that if the vachetta gets dirty before patina, to just use very light water to clean it off. I was also concerned about the leather getting dry, and she said to bring it to the boutique once a year for conditioning. But as long as I use the bag, the natural oils from my hands are all it needs. :smile:

Reactions: V.Lenore and Chaell
I got water drops on my 8 year old Delightful last year. I very gently used water wipes brand to go over it. It evened it out a bit. I only did it once. I can still notice it. I don't think anyone would notice it, but it still bothers me.