water soaked wallet?!?!

bacaster

banana cake monster~
O.G.
Oct 11, 2009
Hi ladies, I'm new on the BV forum, but I have a bv wallet, and today my water bottle leaked in my bag and half of my wallet got soaked!!! @@!!

now it's kinda dry..i didnt know what to do...but now it looks like there is color difference from the side that was wet to the side that wasn't, also the two sides feel different...Is there anything i can do, or is it too late?? or would it get better?? i love the leather so much..im so sad :sad:

Hi there, bacaster. It must have been a "gasp" moment for you!

The BV's leather is quite resilient. From what I have experienced personally and learnt from other members' posts, it will turn out just fine in most cases when it gets fully dry.

How is your wallet today? Does it still show the colour difference?

just let it dry. like mid- says, i would err towards just leaving it alone and it will probably be fine.

when it is completely dried, if it doesn't have the same lovely feeling, you might try moisturizing the leather with a leather moisturizer. i think the one bryan recommends is cadillac's shoe and boot care - you can do a search on the forum i have posted about it before - however the key thing is that whatever you use does not contain wax or silicon as that may change the nappa.

you can call your local bv to see what they recommend.

let us know what happens!

My woven Nappa zip wallet was soaked from a downpour--it was in an open tote bag and my hands were full with umbrella and some groceries, so as much as I tried to protect the tote/wallet, it still was completely wet. I was sick. But, when it dried naturally (no blowdryers) it was just as nice as before. Maybe I was just lucky, but you'd never know it had been drenched. BV is tougher than I ever imagined.

Let it dry on its own and then see what you have to deal with. It may need just a little loving conditioning. I hope so.

Good luck!

Hi ladies, thanks for the calming words...it has dried..and it's still different color..i think maybe its in too long..i dunno im quite sad..but then again im trying to get over it and just dont think about it because I REALLY love it..i dont know why I love this little things so much..it's just SOO SOFT!! anyways here's the picture....i think because the original color has some kinda of metallic sheen on it and now the water side is discolored...but I'm no expert in BV since this is actually the only one i own, I am mainly into BAL and chanel, but I LOVE BV wallet/card holder make up bag etc...so i'll probably get a new one when I'm ready...~~ well good thing the front was not wet..
Photo19.jpg