Water "resistant" or "proof" H bags?

oh i've got a big fat Fjord-something lurking in my dreams! yes sir, every night. what do you have to say about the heavy weight of fjord? i'm kookoo for the leather!

You know what? Don't be overly scared by the weight of Fjord - it's definitely not as heavy as you'd imagine. I have several 32 HAC's in Fjord and they're not NEARLY as heavy as a 35 Birkin in Clemence - surprised the heck out of me! I'm crazy about Fjord as well, so if you like everything else about the leather, don't automatically rule it out.

You know what? Don't be overly scared by the weight of Fjord - it's definitely not as heavy as you'd imagine. I have several 32 HAC's in Fjord and they're not NEARLY as heavy as a 35 Birkin in Clemence - surprised the heck out of me! I'm crazy about Fjord as well, so if you like everything else about the leather, don't automatically rule it out.

I agree with style101 regarding the weight of Fjord. My 30cm Fjord Birkin is not at all heavy to me. Not sure about the 35cm, but don't worry about the weight in a 30cm. I love this leather - it brings out color v. nicely and the texture is sumptuous...yummy!!! I'd get another fjord bag in a heartbeat!!

oh i've got a big fat Fjord-something lurking in my dreams! yes sir, every night. what do you have to say about the heavy weight of fjord? i'm kookoo for the leather!

heeheehee you are funny HiHeels! Heavy weight of Fjord? Hmmm, I would say after years of using H bags, I'm more or less immune to the weight unless I'm shopping with both hands full and the Birkin in question is also weighed down, that's when I start to seriously worry about my arm breaking off right there in the mall.

The Fjord is slightly heavier coz it's thicker, but because of that it takes to wear and tear very well - heavy duty KWIM? I would recommend Fjord in Kellys or Bolides, and for the Birkin, in a size 30 or under. The leather is a dream to caress woohoo!! :yahoo:

And Desiree is right, Fjord brings out colors very nicely too! Personally I would take Fjord over Clemence in a heartbeat...I don't know which is heavier, but both are equally heavy but I don't know why I'm just partial to Fjord :smile:

oh fjord just makes me crazy. i think it's as much about the thickness you can see as just knowing it's so substantial. and i love the idea of this strong masculine leather used on a woman's purse.
here's the pic i have on my laptop as wallpaper - i think it's fjord:love:

Attachments

• blk bolide w: gh.jpg
    blk bolide w: gh.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 44
HH, that black bolide is TDF. :yahoo:

Thanks, Yorelica for starting this thread. We get about 200 inches here, too, so a wet bag inevitable. Do you worry about mold as well??
:s

^^isn't it.

oh, to help the topic of this thread, i used my bag in the rain the other day, no problem (clemence). if fjord is even tougher than clemence... i'm salivating at the thought. lol