Watching Buy It Now Only Items

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Sometimes I list items as buy it now only, no auction. And many times I get several watchers.

So my question is, if you watch buy it now only items, why?

Are you hoping the seller will lower the buy it now?

Are you waiting for the same item to come up at a lower price from a different seller and if it doesn't, you will buy it now?

Are you trying to decide if you really want the item?

Are you selling some of your own items before you buy?

Just curious!

2. For me, i watch Buy It Now items because i'm interested in the item but definitely want to think about it first before i buy it in terms of the price, color, style... If it was a total deal, i would have clicked Buy Now!

3. ^ Yep, I agree. Especially if I'm choosing between several similar items.

4. I watch them to make sure it's really an item I want. If after several hours or days and I haven't thought about it. I don't need or want it.

5. I have 'watched' a couple of items, but they just happened to be 'BIN', to see how much they would end so when I decide to list I know what's an appropriate asking price.

6. I usually add BIN items to my Watch list as a way to "bookmark" them while I get their authenticity verified. Other times, I'm just contemplating whether to buy the item and like to look at it more before making my decision.

7. I have a buy it now item listed at the moment, no best offer just buy it now. I listed it yesterday and I have 7 watchers. Its kind of annoying because the price isnt going anywhere and I really want it sold. I have just added a statement saying I reserve the right to end it at any time hoping that people buy quickly but I ended up listing it in several other places too so its first in best dressed and if someone from my other postings wants it then I will end the auction and save on the final value fees as well.

8. All of the above.

Also sometimes I will wait to see if the seller adds a Best Offer.

Or, I may watch your item because I have the same thing and want to see what yours ends up selling for.:biggrin:

9. I watch the buy it now for the reasons as listed by all the above TPF'ers.

I also like to think about it to make sure I am bidding on a genuine item

and sometimes a seller will change their mind.

10. So my question is, if you watch buy it now only items, why?

Are you hoping the seller will lower the buy it now? Yes, possibly!

Are you waiting for the same item to come up at a lower price from a different seller and if it doesn't, you will buy it now? Again, Possibly!

Are you trying to decide if you really want the item? Definitely!

Are you selling some of your own items before you buy? Maybe

Also, a lot of times I watch a BIN item because I own a similar item and I want to see if it gets bought and for how much (if it is a Best Offer). It gives me an idea what to list my stuff for (or not to list it at all!)

But often it's something I really want to buy, and if I put it on my watch list it gives me time to think it over and see if it gets sold soon.

11. Right now I'm watching a BIN only item, because there is only one other like it on the bay that ends before the BIN and I want to try to get that one (at a MUCH better price **right now it's less than half the price of the BIN**). If I am outbidded on it or if the reserve not met is still on it, I may try to get the BIN instead.

12. I don't ever expect a BIN price to change but I do watch the items if it's something that I like but don't really need. I just keep it on my list so I can access it easily if I do decide to purchase it. I also like to keep the information handy so that I can periodically search to see if any new listings appear with better prices.

13. I have a BIN item on eBay right now and the starting price for auction is only $5 less than BIN. I have had 225 views and 15 watchers. The price is $1,000 less than what I paid. What are people waiting for?

14. I've always wondered this too...I get the same amount of watchers quite often on my items even when I lower the price.
    I wouldn't mind if people asked if I could take a few dollars off the price or something but I hate relisting and lowering the price constantly when I only get watchers time after time.

15. I agree thats why I normally add a best offer. That way I never reduce the buy it now price but they are free to make an offer. I found in the past reducing the price has kept sales off because people just wait for the next time you relist at a lower price and that goes on until you practically give it away.