Watches...

Loganz

older, not wiser
O.G.
Dec 16, 2005
So my hubby and I agree that watches are to men what handbags are to women. However, lately I too have gotten infatuated with high-end watches.

I have an Hermes Midor that I love a Technomarine SS with diamonds that I adore and I can't stop staring at the Chanel J12 in white..

Does anyone else here like watches too, and what are your opinions on the J12? (this would be my next Christmas wish-list item, nothing I can have now.) ;)

Picture coutesy of www.chanel.com

Attachments

• J12WhiteDiamond.gif
    J12WhiteDiamond.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 328
The J12 is a hopes and dreams watch for me; and I am sure I could not own one with the diamond bezel, I heard they made it with diamond markers only, which was considerably less than the diamond bezel J12. Honestly though, I like the watch without the diamonds too, I think I would just be happy to own a Chanel watch with or without "girls best friend" on it.

I remember Noriko's pictures... the J12 is gorgeous! The white makes it look so clean. My dad bought my stepmom an Omega Mini Constellation with the diamond bezel for Christmas. While we were at the jewelry store picking it out, I saw some beautiful Dior watches. I think a nice watch will be at the top of my list for a 25th birthday present next year :biggrin:

Nice. I can't wear those big watches, though. My wrists are just too small and they don't sit right. Sigh. Another trend I'll have to watch from the sidelines.

pseub said:
Nice. I can't wear those big watches, though. My wrists are just too small and they don't sit right. Sigh. Another trend I'll have to watch from the sidelines.

My wrists are extremely small; my Technomarine is a 27mm bezel, the smallest they make. The J12 comes in 33mm, I would have to try it on; it looks good on Nikki Hilton and her wrists seem fairly small.

I love watches! I currently have three in rotation, but nothing really high end - Swiss Army, Coach, and Michele. I've promised myself that as soon as I pay off my student loans, I will buy a Cartier Tank watch...it's my dream watch!

Do you have the 33mm?
with or without diamonds?
Did you have to have links removed, if so how many?
Do you think it looks large and imposing, or do you find it feminine but bold?

Thanks so much - the closest Chanel boutique is Vegas; we go there 1-2 x's a year; so, I will try one on next time. I was a chicken last time and did not want to try one on because I knew we would not be buying. I hate wasting sales people's time.