Watch vs. Classic Love?

Fashion412

Jul 2, 2017
So I’ve posted on here a bunch as I have a Cartier appointment in two weeks and want to treat myself to something nice for having a great year at work. My budget is around $8,000 give or take.

Right now my current jewelry stack is:

- Two Van Cleef Alhambra bracelets (onyx and mother of pearl in yellow gold)
- juste un clou thin ring in yellow gold
- love necklace (two connected rings) in yellow gold
- my engagement ring and wedding band, both diamonds worn yellow gold.

I was all about adding a classic love for my stack but now I’m wondering whether I should invest in the smal two tone panthere watch. I have some old movado watch I never wear at the moment, so a watch is on my list of things to invest in. I would do two tone largely because of the price diffeeence and because I do want the option to mix metals with jewelry.

Would welcome any thoughts! Adding photos of jewelry I have and have tried on.

For reference I’m 37 and a lawyer, so I like to have a polished look for work and after work.

Thank you in advance.

60A9180C-51C3-4999-9AB8-25A21D212D05.jpegCEA28E61-02CB-49F8-9188-9CFB500F9321.jpeg676CAE1B-806D-47F5-BC96-32CB08339948.jpeg94C0FCA6-37C7-4CE2-A957-C3A08D973842.jpegF5642765-90BB-41F3-9C77-797FD76C4FD1.jpeg

Reactions: Aspen Rose
So I’ve posted on here a bunch as I have a Cartier appointment in two weeks and want to treat myself to something nice for having a great year at work. My budget is around $8,000 give or take.

I was all about adding a classic love for my stack but now I’m wondering whether I should invest in the smal two tone panthere watch. I have some old movado watch I never wear at the moment, so a watch is on my list of things to invest in. I would do two tone largely because of the price diffeeence and because I do want the option to mix metals with jewelry.

For reference I’m 37 and a lawyer, so I like to have a polished look for work and after work.

Thank you in advance.

View attachment 5689675View attachment 5689676View attachment 5689677View attachment 5689678View attachment 5689679
I vote for classic love. You don’t have to take it on and off every day. It also looks stunning alone, IMO.

Thank you in advance.

View attachment 5689675View attachment 5689676View attachment 5689677View attachment 5689678View attachment 5689679
I'd vote for watch but if you're not used to wearing a watch you might not like it?

Reactions: sparklebunny
I'd vote for watch but if you're not used to wearing a watch you might not like it?
I used to wear one daily, but during COVID I hardly wore any jewelry. Now that I'm back in the office / traveling, etc. I think it's time to invest in a nicer watch!

I probably need both pieces, I just need to prioritize which one I get first.

Reactions: Grande Latte
Ooo that's a hard choice.
If I had to choose between the two I'd go for the watch but I may be biased because I already had the love before I got my panthere watch. I have the medium two-toned.
(Here's some shopping eye candy if you're interested https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/cartier-watch-photo-comparisons-panthere-and-tanks.1057434/ )

I don't have a substantial stack but I've worn my panthere everyday since I've gotten it and I feel like it adds more substance to my everyday stack.
It's also surprisingly handy when I need to check the time when I don't have my phone on me or are in situations when it's considered distracting to take the phone out.
I also believe that having a solid watch always gives a very professional look, so if it's something you want to wear to work, I think it could work out quite well.
I personally think that a Cartier watch stands out more (in a good way) than the love bracelet. It is more unique. I pretty much see a love bracelet quite often but a Cartier watch? Now that is some good eye candy! :biggrin:

You already have 2 lovely VCA bracelets. If you added on a love bracelet, it would look beautiful and would be a great addition to your bracelet stack.
However, is your goal is to create and add on to a bracelet stack?
Or did you want something different or want to do more?

Also, if you haven't gone in to try watches yet, I highly recommend you do so. Don't forget to wear your everyday jewelry pieces so you know how everything looks together.

Good luck and happy shopping! :tup:

I used to wear one daily, but during COVID I hardly wore any jewelry. Now that I'm back in the office / traveling, etc. I think it's time to invest in a nicer watch!

I probably need both pieces, I just need to prioritize which one I get first.
I'm not a Cartier person but to me, for your budget, a watch is more significant than a bracelet

Ooo that's a hard choice.
If I had to choose between the two I'd go for the watch but I may be biased because I already had the love before I got my panthere watch. I have the medium two-toned.
(Here's some shopping eye candy if you're interested https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/cartier-watch-photo-comparisons-panthere-and-tanks.1057434/ )

I don't have a substantial stack but I've worn my panthere everyday since I've gotten it and I feel like it adds more substance to my everyday stack.
It's also surprisingly handy when I need to check the time when I don't have my phone on me or are in situations when it's considered distracting to take the phone out.
I also believe that having a solid watch always gives a very professional look, so if it's something you want to wear to work, I think it could work out quite well.
I personally think that a Cartier watch stands out more (in a good way) than the love bracelet. It is more unique. I pretty much see a love bracelet quite often but a Cartier watch? Now that is some good eye candy! :biggrin:

You already have 2 lovely VCA bracelets. If you added on a love bracelet, it would look beautiful and would be a great addition to your bracelet stack.
However, is your goal is to create and add on to a bracelet stack?
Or did you want something different or want to do more?

Also, if you haven't gone in to try watches yet, I highly recommend you do so. Don't forget to wear your everyday jewelry pieces so you know how everything looks together.

Good luck and happy shopping! :tup:
Thank you for this!! So appreciated.

Reactions: lill_canele
I have both. To celebrate a work achievement, I’d get the watch. I don’t know why but I think it’s a watch is a fitting gift to celebrate your hard work. You can always add love bracelet later for bday, etc. Also, I think the two tone is so elegant and professional. You can’t go wrong with either one! Try on both at the boutique and buy the one that makes your heart sing!

I have both. To celebrate a work achievement, I’d get the watch. I don’t know why but I think it’s a watch is a fitting gift to celebrate your hard work. You can always add love bracelet later for bday, etc. Also, I think the two tone is so elegant and professional. You can’t go wrong with either one! Try on both at the boutique and buy the one that makes your heart sing!
That’s the plan but always love everyone’s perspectives on here so thank you!

Reactions: ehy210

Thank you in advance.

As a side note, do you love your interlocking love necklace for 24-7 wear? I am looking for a necklace to wear all the time. Do the rings scratch against each other or does the necklace feel uncomfortable? I am trying to decide between this one with diamonds or the VCA pave gold diamond pendant. Would love your input!

Reactions: YummyLuxe
As a side note, do you love your interlocking love necklace for 24-7 wear? I am looking for a necklace to wear all the time. Do the rings scratch against each other or does the necklace feel uncomfortable? I am trying to decide between this one with diamonds or the VCA pave gold diamond pendant. Would love your input!
Yes! I love that necklace and wear it constantly. I haven't noticed any scratching. I added one inch to the overall length so it sits more comfortably on me (I'm 5/6" and a size M/8/29 for reference). I actually sold my VCA Alhambra one pendant necklace (the regular size), as that felt too large for every day (and it sat in my jewelry drawer). It looks great on some people, but I prefer something smaller. The love interlocking rings are just the right size for every day, IMO. I plan to eventually add the cartier d'amour to my collection and would likely wear them together.

• Love
Reactions: ehy210