Watch trouble

lanasyogamama

What time is it?
O.G.
Oct 30, 2007
Does my watch need a servicing? I feel like the hour and minute aren't in the right spot if that makes sense. This is how it looks when I set it to 3:00. Shouldn't the hour hand point rught at the 3? Has anyone else dealt with this?

Attachments

• 1402335544999.jpg
    1402335544999.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 445
The hands seem to be slightly misaligned, I don't think it really needs a full service/overhaul, but you could speak with your AD about realigning the hands. If you bought it direct at Cartier they might have to send it out and charge you for a standard service though.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more bummed out I'm getting. I was pretending there wasn't a problem, but obviously, there is.

I just went and dug up the receipt, and I got the watch in May 2011, so maybe it is due for a servicing anyway, and I can also get this fixed.

Umm... it won't line up unless the second hand is at :00 as well. I'm a little surprised everyone has missed this, the hands are in constant movement on an automatic watch; they don't tick from minute to minute.

edit, nevermind, I see you're asking about the hour hand. I'd try letting it run down and resetting it fully to see if that helps.

I am so sorry to hear this has happened to your beautiful watch.

If it was me, I would go get it serviced-because I am the type of person who would see the misalignment everytime I looked at my watch.

If it is due for a service then why not?

I feel your pain...just picked up my Ebel Beluga...to the tune of $500. But...I couldn't wear it with it not working properly...and I still love it...so I bit the bullet. Glad I did!