Watch trouble

lanasyogamama

What time is it?
O.G.
Oct 30, 2007
Juste Delighted!
Does my watch need a servicing? I feel like the hour and minute aren't in the right spot if that makes sense. This is how it looks when I set it to 3:00. Shouldn't the hour hand point rught at the 3? Has anyone else dealt with this?

Attachments

Christofle

Apr 21, 2011
Montreal
The hands seem to be slightly misaligned, I don't think it really needs a full service/overhaul, but you could speak with your AD about realigning the hands. If you bought it direct at Cartier they might have to send it out and charge you for a standard service though.

CartierLVer

May 2, 2011
Wow. That's really off! That's not your fault and should be taken in to a cartier boutiques for an assessment! Keep us updated! I'll check mines out later also.

skyqueen

O.G.
Aug 5, 2007
Oh no...love this watch on you! Definitely off but probably needs just a tweak.
Can you remember banging it on something?

lanasyogamama

What time is it?
O.G.
Oct 30, 2007
Juste Delighted!
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more bummed out I'm getting. I was pretending there wasn't a problem, but obviously, there is.

I just went and dug up the receipt, and I got the watch in May 2011, so maybe it is due for a servicing anyway, and I can also get this fixed.

mrsinsyder

Mar 8, 2013
Florida
Umm... it won't line up unless the second hand is at :00 as well. I'm a little surprised everyone has missed this, the hands are in constant movement on an automatic watch; they don't tick from minute to minute.

edit, nevermind, I see you're asking about the hour hand. I'd try letting it run down and resetting it fully to see if that helps.

BudgetBabe(BB)

BB
O.G.
Apr 7, 2009
Ontario, CANADA
I am so sorry to hear this has happened to your beautiful watch.

If it was me, I would go get it serviced-because I am the type of person who would see the misalignment everytime I looked at my watch.

If it is due for a service then why not?

bisbee

Best Bubbie
O.G.
Jul 12, 2006
Pikesville, Maryland
I feel your pain...just picked up my Ebel Beluga...to the tune of $500. But...I couldn't wear it with it not working properly...and I still love it...so I bit the bullet. Glad I did!