Food "Watch the flower!"

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Remember that scene in Marie Antoinette when her brother visited Versailles? They sat down in front of a tea service and she started talking excitedly about tea someone brought her from China.

She tells her brother to watch the flower in the cup and when she poured the water over it, the flower started blooming.

I remember thinking, "I want tea like that!"

Well, imagine my excitement when I found they actually sell flowering tea! I bought some today and am in the process of boiling water for it right now.

The company is Numi and the product is called Flowering Tea.

It a glass pot and 5 blossoms. The one I'm trying right now is Golden Jasmine (since the tea they had in the movie was jasmine).

The tea takes about three to four minutes to fully bloom.
(You can also save the blossom and resteep it 2 - 3 more times.)

I bought mine at Indigo, but you can also get it here:

http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/...prmenbr=175633&prrfnbr=800938&pcgrfnbr=191380

Once you have the teapot, you can order just the blossoms.

Wow! Where has jasmine tea been all my life? It's delicious. (And it smells wonderful, too.)

Okay, on to the pictures:

This is the Golden Jasmine blossom in the package:
003-2.jpg

This is the blossom in the pot:
006.jpg

That's really cool!

My brother drinks this asian tea that kinda does that. it's not flowers though.
it's like little tiny balls of tea and in the water they expand but they get all gross looking and look like seaweed or something its ughh. I think its some kind of green tea.

But I agree! I love jasmine tea!
I just had some amazing jasmine tea last week at a Moroccan restaurant.
it was delicious and very sweet!

I find that a lot of the flowering variety dont taste as good as regular loose tea. How did yours taste? Jasmine can be very hit or miss imo. I love tea, thanks for sharing!

i got the NUmi gift in an RAOK exchange last fall. i absolutely love it. there is a little shop in the mall that sells the flowers and my pot still works great.

Up next: Flower Jewel, a white tea scented with jasmine.

I prefer the Golden Jasmine because I'm more of a black tea person, but as far as white teas go, this is nice.

Although it's better if you pair it with food. (Try blueberries.)

002-2.jpg

001-1.jpg

003-4.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-2.jpg

Last edited: