WATCH HELP!!

Croissant

Detective Hermès!
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
EDFCD1CD-6A21-4579-82EF-078FAD3693E4.jpeg A49A97D3-C22F-4092-B383-6F5C57D43359.jpeg 43C0CB8B-4D6F-4FEE-8862-7291224A5CB4.jpeg
Hi everyone!
So I bought a vintage gold Panthere watch. I’ve had a link added at Cartier and had them polish it as well. I purchased the unique and vintage piece from a reputable watch dealer on 1stdibs and paid quite a bit of money for it. It’s a beautiful watch. But!! Today I took a pic and noticed that there are a few hairline scratches on the glass (which is sapphire crystal and supposed to be scratch resistant) the scratches are not visible in normal lighting (see pic of watch from distance- no visible scratches) but you can see them when zooming in and when the light reflects a certain way. I’ll include a photo here. I would at minimum like them buffed out or have the glass replaced. I wanted advice- the watch is 30 years old. Could it be possible that the sapphire crystal got a bit beat up over the course of 30 years? Should I be worried?! Anyone have experience with anything similar like having glass replaced? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Croissant

Detective Hermès!
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
FYI I just did the sapphire crystal watch test with water, measuring it against my Cartier tank I purchased new from the store. Both watches react the same to a droplet of water; it forms a tight ball threat doesn’t leak to the side and even when I turn the watch upside down the water remains on the glass: when wiped off, there is so streak.