Watch for 13 yo boy?

Dec 8, 2008
Can someone recommend a watch brand for a gift for a 13 year old boy? Since I'm neither a boy, nor a 13 yo (or anywhere close), I really have no clue which brand is cool now. I'm looking to spend a few hundred dollars, as it's a gift for a bar mitzvah.
Thanks for the help.

Naila

Dec 27, 2006
My first thought would be Casio's new solar atomic MTG1000-1 (quite a star on this year's CES). Never needs battery, water-resistant, cool design and enough technology to brag about in his class. The price falls in your budget level as well.

evekitti

Aug 9, 2007
How about a Tag Heuer? Not sure if that's a cool brand for a 13-year-old boy though.

lvuittonaddict

$ Doesn't Buy Class
O.G.
Sep 23, 2007
DMV
i was just looking on neimans website and Emporio Armani has some nice watches in your price range

Dec 8, 2008
Thanks for the suggestions - I'm looking into them all! Do you think that 13 yo boys even wear watches anymore? I googled this and there a yahoo forum where people were writing in saying that teens don't wear watches because they have cell phones. This seems silly to me, but I want others opinions too. What do you think?
Any other suggestions, would be much appreciated too. Thanks!

mizz852

O.G.
Jan 21, 2009
It's true, a lot of teenage boys don't wear watches anymore. However, I think watches are good gifts because they can last for a long time and so when the boy grows up, a watch would come in handy

evekitti

Aug 9, 2007
eminere™;9876101 said:
Tags are nice but would be beyond the OP's budget of a few hundred dollars.
There are a few entry-level Tags going for $500+ to $600+ on amazon.com so I assume you can get it even cheaper at some shops with a bit of bargaining.

naughtymanolo

FYI I am a guy
O.G.
Apr 20, 2006
Thanks for the suggestions - I'm looking into them all! Do you think that 13 yo boys even wear watches anymore? I googled this and there a yahoo forum where people were writing in saying that teens don't wear watches because they have cell phones. This seems silly to me, but I want others opinions too. What do you think?
Any other suggestions, would be much appreciated too. Thanks!
I personally don't wear a watch because i can't yet afford one that i want (either cartier or JLC) my phone is always in my pocket so i just use that, it's become such a habit that if i had enough money im not sure if i woudl want a watch anymore.... just saying.