Watch choices and how you wear yours

ATLpeachy

Jun 28, 2018
I'm in the market for a new watch and debating on getting a Swiss made hybrid before I decide on an investment watch from Cartier or Rolex. The Kronaby Sekel has caught my attention as a nice Swiss watch that also has smart features like step count, notification buzzes, decline a call, find your phone, automatic timezone, music and picture control, GeoTag spots you want to remember and even a walk me home feature. My fiancé and I are getting married soon/ within a year and we'll be marking the occasion with the Cartier Love bracelet in gold in the traditional larger size and I want to decide on a watch that will look good with that forever daily piece. My question is do you own a watch that you wear while say hiking or a more carefree casual watch in addition to an investment watch? I've attached a couple of photos of the Kronaby hybrid. Please let me know your thoughts!

Attachments

• 87ac204da0d8e2902abf21de064be6cc.jpg
    87ac204da0d8e2902abf21de064be6cc.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 218
  • ea8e63eb93a48c36f1a9f08b87454934.jpg
    ea8e63eb93a48c36f1a9f08b87454934.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 216
I think it’s a nice looking watch for a smart watch. Nevermind the watch, your ring is stunning! :smile:

Oh actually those are Kronaby’s photos. I did try on a Kronaby in store but they didn’t have all the models available which was a let down since I’d been looking at the Sekel 38MM in stainless steel. I’ll attach the rose gold with blue dial one I tried. IMG_7102.JPG

The reason that most stick with the same names is that those tend to do better at resale. They also go up in price year after year. If you are looking for a watch to wear forever then maybe it's better to get a better watch model/mechanism and enjoy. I'm not familiar with these watches but I suppose the only kind of watch I wouldn't buy is a quartz, then I might as well buy a fashion watch or use my phone.

The reason that most stick with the same names is that those tend to do better at resale. They also go up in price year after year. If you are looking for a watch to wear forever then maybe it's better to get a better watch model/mechanism and enjoy. I'm not familiar with these watches but I suppose the only kind of watch I wouldn't buy is a quartz, then I might as well buy a fashion watch or use my phone.

Thank you for your reply! May I ask do you own a casual watch to wear while hiking or for super casual times that you may not want to wear an investment watch?

I've gone through the smart watch phase and what I found is that unless all of those things are important to you (step count, notification buzzes, decline a call, find your phone, automatic timezone, music and picture control, GeoTag), you are probably better off with a traditional watch from Rolex, Cartier or Omega, that retain a lot of resale value. But only if resale value is important to you. To me that's was the deciding factor, as well as that I didn't care to keep track of all my stats and modern conveniences (steps, notification, etc.).

Thank you for your reply! May I ask do you own a casual watch to wear while hiking or for super casual times that you may not want to wear an investment watch?

Mine are more under the 'investment' category but I have a Favre Leuba if I want to wear a more casual watch.