Watch Advice Please

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought my BB watch at the end of April of this year, within 2 weeks the watch stopped working. I played around with it for a bit and it started working again. I took it back to the boutique and they sent it out for repair, came back a week later was told they checked everything and changed out the battery. About 3 weeks ago, the clasp on my band wouldn't snap shut, took it to SF boutique since they have a repair shop on site, quick fix. Today my watch stopped working again for about 2 hours then started up again. Called the boutique and was told they could send it out for warranty repair. I've only had the watch for 3 months and it's going to be in the shop for the 3rd time, do you think I could ask for a replacement instead? Should I call their corporate office and talk to someone since the boutique isn't much help except assured me that it would be covered under warranty. TIA

2. I would definitely ask for a replacement. This is pretty unacceptable from Cartier. What if this continues and you go off warranty? I hope they can replace it for you. Best of luck!

uhpharm01 likes this.
  3. Thank you LovEmAll, I will ask for a replacement when I go in this week.

4. Keep us posted! Best of luck dear

5. Hi there,
    I work at a Cartier agency here in the UK, and we would generally have to send the watches back to the Cartier repair centre in London if any faults are found.
    However, due to the very short term you have had your watch, I would probably exchange it with a brand new watch we had in our store and give you that one, while the watch at repair would then become our shop stock, and we can just wait for that one to be returned. This is a far better scenario for the client, and it is easier to do it this way as it can on occasion be quite difficult to extract a new watch from a manufacturer.
    If the boutique have not already sorted this out for you, maybe suggest a course of action like this?
    Best of luck!
    Xx

6. Hi MissLCake,
    Thank you for your advice. I took my watch back and the assistant manager insisted on sending the watch back to Cartier (New York, I think) to see if they could figure out what's wrong with it before discussing a replacement. She said it's Cartier's policy. I told her it's very disappointing to have a brand new watch for less than 3 months and it stopped working twice. Not to mention my DH tried talking me into getting a Rolex or Omega when I was shopping for a watch. If Cartier couldn't figure out the problem she told me we could discuss for a replacement. I told her my much less expensive Tag Heuer watch worked all these years without any problems except to change out the battery every few years and I certainly expect more from Cartier. I am still waiting to hear back from her hopefully by this week. I will update when I hear back.

7. Do you have any updates?

8. I went in about 3 weeks ago and they wouldn't give me a replacement. The assistant manager told me it's Cartier's policy, they have to send the watch in to their shop first. She said if the shop couldn't figure out what's wrong with it then we could discuss replacement. Instead of a replacement watch they are now replacing the movement for me with an additional 1 year warranty. Hopefully I wouldn't have anymore issues, should have it back by the end of this week.

uhpharm01 likes this.
  9. Oh wow. Hopefully you won't have anymore issues. I'm sorry that they have put you through all of this. That's terrible that they did that.

10. I agree.. They should replace it.

uhpharm01 likes this.