Wasn't meaning to, but... small Bandit reveal!

popartist

Oct 23, 2016
Today I did a little shopping... First I had gone to Macy's Herald Square to investigate their 30% off sale on the off chance 1941 was on sale, but alas it was not. They also did not have the non-1941 wallet I was eyeing. So it was off to Coach House next with the intent of getting a wallet and bag charm during the sale event. Except while waiting for the subway I got to thinking... I was thinking about the smaller Bandit that has been on my list - I really love that form factor and the utility of it. I also thought it was a good bag to take on my vacation, which is rapidly approaching in a couple of weeks. Also got to thinking it was a little counterproductive to spend $200+ get the wallet and bag charm that I could do without while waiting for a sale of that Bandit that might never materialize and paying full price for it later on, on top of the money spent for the wallet and charm. I walked into the store and saw they had my wallet, but I took another look at that Bandit, and oh the dilemma was excruciating! Because, like, I have yet to pay full price for a Coach bag. Even my black Rogue 25, which never goes on sale, I got for 30% off during a mistake sale at Macy's. But I really wanted the Bandit. So, I took a deep breath and bought it! I went for the Oxblood because the red suede is so gorgeous, and the suede in the black one is identical to that of my Rogue 25, plus I am not fond of the floral print on the pouch of the black one.

As far as a size comparison with the Edie 31, the Bandit is taller. The Bandit is more of a proper rectangle, while the Edie is more triangular, so the Bandit is wider than the Edie up top but narrower at the bottom. It is lighter than my Edie. I think the interior compartment of the Edie might be a little more spacious than Bandit's pouch but the pouch is taller, so it's tough to say for sure. The Bandit overall can carry more and larger stuff than the Edie, especially if the pouch is removed. So it's more versatile. The leather is scrumptious and smooshy. Anyway, without further ado...the reveal!

First, the cute shopping bag it came in (think this is for 1941 purchases only).

IMAG1162.jpg

And here it is!

IMAG1163.jpg

IMAG1172.jpg

Pouch, interior, and Edie comparison next...

BEAUTIFUL! And thanks for that great review! Can't wait to hear how it treated you on the vacation. I want a Bandit for the same reason - not a daily carry (way too big for me) - this will be my travel bag.

BEAUTIFUL! And thanks for that great review! Can't wait to hear how it treated you on the vacation. I want a Bandit for the same reason - not a daily carry (way too big for me) - this will be my travel bag.
This bag will be a daily carry, alternating with my Rogue 25 depending on what's on the agenda (the more weather resistant Edie comes out on wet weather days). The small Bandit is a great size for that.

I will need to start selling some other bags as I settle into a rotation, will be hard to part with a couple of them, but they will just not be getting the use they deserve. After vacation though!

Reactions: MooMooVT
Congrats!

This bag is on my wish list as the regular is just to big for me.

Thanks for the pics as my store doesn't seem to be getting this size. I'm dying to see it IRL. My SA said it's the same dimensions as the regular Rogue.

I'm holding off, hoping for more colors. This color is gorgeous but I have an ace in this color and I try really hard not to duplicate colors. That being said, I may even end up with this exact one.

It's a beautiful bag, enjoy!

An important observation: The handle on the small Bandit pouch (not the main bag) seems to be smaller than on the Bandit 39, going by the model photo (which seems to be from the larger Bandit), because it is *just* big enough for me to wear on the shoulder. The main bag fits fine on my shoulder but the handle is not overly roomy. I am 5'2" and pretty petite, so if you have larger shoulders/arms, you might have problems with a shoulder carry with this bag (both pouch and the main bag). You can add a chain to the pouch though to crossbody carry it.

Love the look of the bag together. I love this bag along with the Edie and Phoebe but I wish the pouch insert would have snaps on the bottom not for while it is in the bag but when it is out so the sides can snap under and don't just stay straight down it reminds me of mutton chops kind of thing. If there was a way to secure the tabs under the pouch when used on its own I'd be all over them.