Washed caviar?!

ehy210

O.G.
Apr 21, 2011
About a month ago, i bought myself a caviar black jumbo flap. It was very structured and felt very stiff(which i like lol) and new. Unfortunately, I discovered a defect and had to get a new one from another store. When I compared the two, the second flap was considerably softer, not as stiff. At that time, I automatically assumed the bag wasn't brand new and might have been a return. But now, im thinking there was a difference between the caviar? I am still waiting for Chanel to send new bags to NM so I can get a brand new one because I do not like this soft feel. Are all classic flaps now made of washed caviar leather? When was it made with the regular caviar leather? Do they make both caviar and washed caviar flaps now? And how would I know what kind of caviar a bag is made of in terms of the labeling on the box. Thanks so much!

If it's washed caviar, it cannot be refurbished. They are using cheaper leathers ...tell your SA you want the older more rigid caviar. Ask them to look in their inventory and try to get you one. The actual classic should not be washed caviar. But other flaps may be.

It just may be their newer softer less pitted caviar, which I do not like at all. A sadder version of the previous leather. Everyone is sold out of the classics in NYC. So we do not know what's coming in yet.

If you do not like it, return it for these crazy prices. Get something you are happy with.

I noticed my jumbo flap which is made in France is actually more structured than the other jumbo made in Italy. I remember there was a thread about the difference as well

If it's washed caviar, it cannot be refurbished. They are using cheaper leathers ...tell your SA you want the older more rigid caviar. Ask them to look in their inventory and try to get you one. The actual classic should not be washed caviar. But other flaps may be.

It just may be their newer softer less pitted caviar, which I do not like at all. A sadder version of the previous leather. Everyone is sold out of the classics in NYC. So we do not know what's coming in yet.

If you do not like it, return it for these crazy prices. Get something you are happy with.

are the calfskin (wrinkly looking) leathers on the 2.55 reissues able to be refurbished? :huh: I bought one and hoped to be able to send it in to have to polished up every few years to keep it brand new - but if it can't be... then ='(