was this a fake or just wear and tear.

wigglytuff

Love & Hermes
O.G.
Aug 10, 2008
I have a question about what happens to an LV wallet after you have had it for some time.

i saw this womans wallet and saw that the plastic monogram LV had cripped of in places and you could see the metrial underneath (plastic foam?)

is that what happens after much use or was it a fake? i did see a thread about the bronze hardware chipping in authentic LVs so does the monogram "chip" as well?

Authentic LV pieces will unfortunately "wear out" and start to chip if it's used excessively. The woman's wallet may have been a fake, but there's a good chance it may have been an "old" authentic piece.

Authentic LV pieces will unfortunately "wear out" and start to chip if it's used excessively. The woman's wallet may have been a fake, but there's a good chance it may have been an "old" authentic piece.
wow. i did not know that. people talk about pieces lasting for generations... i wish i had taken a picture, i think the extent, degree and location of these chips would help. i can only say that i remember the chip being big relative to the size of the wallet. :tdown:

I have things that are 25 years old....they can get chipped, and well worn, but you can still see the quality...kinda shabby chic or 'old money'...if that makes sense.

sounds like a vernis wallet peeling

i've seen tons of poor conditioned vernis items on ebay that have had extensive peel

my only vernis piece, amarante cles i use seldomly for worry about peeling

I'm devastated by these news. I have a few Vernis pieces who are only a few months old. I'm going to be so worried about them peeling in the future. I always bring my makeup case with me whenever I use a bag that could fit the makeup case in there. I try to be careful but you never know.

I'm also planning on buying a few more pieces in this line, but after reading this I'm really scared.

Nothing lasts forever, not even Louis Vuitton. I have seen an authentic mono wallet that had been in regular use for about ten years. It looked awful but at least the owner had gotten her money's worth.

I've seen this happen, usually cracking/chipping occurs around the edges of the canvas or where the canvas piece folds. There's really nothing you can do about it, but the good news is, is that LV is supposed to last you quite a while before it even gets to that stage (ie, 10-20 years)...and even when it does start to crack, it's not that bad, albeit annoying.

There are some things that can accelerate cracked canvas like dry environments or keeping your bags folded in storage. I say just enjoy your LVs and keep them nice and stuffed (as opposed to folded) in their dustbags when not in use. :yes:

I've seen this happen, usually cracking/chipping occurs around the edges of the canvas or where the canvas piece folds. There's really nothing you can do about it, but the good news is, is that LV is supposed to last you quite a while before it even gets to that stage (ie, 10-20 years)...and even when it does start to crack, it's not that bad, albeit annoying.

There are some things that can accelerate cracked canvas like dry environments or keeping your bags folded in storage. I say just enjoy your LVs and keep them nice and stuffed (as opposed to folded) in their dustbags when not in use. :yes:

Ugh, i have had my first LV for less than 48 hours and it is already showing major cracking on the corner. and the folds of the wallet! :Push::cursing: :cursing: