Was the Tan Selma a good choice?

seekingjans

Jul 24, 2007
Hi everyone! My sweet husband is buying me the Selma Satchel for my bday. I had my eye on the navy for the longest time but got to my MK Boutique and they were sold out <sad trombone>. They said they could ship for $18.50. I decided to check Macy's and although they don't carry the navy, they had the Tan color AND they were doing a presale-- 20% off the bag! I went ahead and got the bag just to hold it, but wondering if I made the right choice. I am drawn to the navy color but I do have a Coach Willis in navy. I don't have a handbag in this Tan/ Camel color but I am wondering if the price is what's seducing me. So what do you think-- keep the Tan or go for the navy??? Would love your opinions... and thank you for your feedback! PS. Took a pic of the tan bag.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 39,652
Last edited:
Really depends on your wardrobe. I think that tan is a a great color and perfect for the spring and summer seasons.

Blue and tan is a classic combo, the wallet looks great.

Personally, I think you should wait for your first choice(navy) to come along. Otherwise you will always second guess the tan, and feel as if you settled.

Hi everyone! My sweet husband is buying me the Selma Satchel for my bday. I had my eye on the navy for the longest time but got to my MK Boutique and they were sold out <sad trombone>. They said they could ship for $18.50. I decided to check Macy's and although they don't carry the navy, they had the Tan color AND they were doing a presale-- 20% off the bag! I went ahead and got the bag just to hold it, but wondering if I made the right choice. I am drawn to the navy color but I do have a Coach Willis in navy. I don't have a handbag in this Tan/ Camel color but I am wondering if the price is what's seducing me. So what do you think-- keep the Tan or go for the navy??? Would love your opinions... and thank you for your feedback! PS. Took a pic of the tan bag.
The tan is a great color and that's actually the bag I want next. I love the navy too so you may want to stick with your first choice. You could go to a different Macy's to see if they have the navy or try Macy's online.

I actually just returned the tan today because that's what Bloomingdales sent me instead of the luggage I thought it was going to be.

I'm with the past few posters, I say don't settle and get the navy/wait for it because that's the one you had your heart set on. I do think the tan is quite beautiful, but not the color I originally wanted and in the end I couldn't keep it and so I ended up even happier with the one I did have my heart set on! I'm sure the price is alluring but I think you'll be happier if you get the one you really wanted first :smile:

Well Ladies! You were all right! I got the Tan and after bringing it home, I went to a different MK Boutique that had the navy in stock and switched it for the navy! ROFL!

SOOOOO glad I did! Thank you for your advice! :smile:

I will try to get some mod shots soon!

Well Ladies! You were all right! I got the Tan and after bringing it home, I went to a different MK Boutique that had the navy in stock and switched it for the navy! ROFL!

SOOOOO glad I did! Thank you for your advice! :smile:

I will try to get some mod shots soon!

Congrats! Will we see pics soon? I've checked out the Selma as well and it is adorable & classic in any colour under the rainbow :biggrin: