Was the name change a good idea or bad idea?

Decision to change YSL to SL(P) a good idea?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not good, doesn't sound right, never will be good LOL. I'm so against this whole rebranding that my favorite brand "YSL" has lost all its touch and special place. Idk if I'll shop there again now, it's so dark and plain. Reminds me of a more expensive alexander wang or something. All over bad idea for me

I had to double check that I was in the CL subforum - confused for a second there, lol. But glad I saw this thread! I absolutely hate the name change, I don't know who thought it would be a good idea - they really had a great thing going with YSL and their hit pieces over the last several years. They could have built on that success and continued to establish the YSL esthetic. Why tear it all down mid-stride?

Ponder this question. Did you refer to the brand as "Yves St. Laurent" or "YSL?"

For those who used the former, the change to "Saint Laurent" gives it a more modern vibe (much like when DIOR evolved from Christian Dior). For those who referenced YSL, then the change to SL or SLP is awful! That "Y" was really distinctive in the logo. For example, what are they going to do with the Belle du Jour line?

So while I'm OK with "Saint Laurent," I really dislike SL or SLP. Perhaps that's part of the complete rebranding...no more initials?

Was not happy about the name change, however as the latest collection does not deserve to be labelled Yves Saint Laurent, perhaps Slimane was right in rebranding his designs as something some people now see as a new (high street) line offered by the fashion house. Except unfortunately it's the only line.