Was on the fence and price increase pushed me off

love2learn

O.G.
Jul 26, 2013
I’ve bought LV for awhile now, but their new ways and new bags have been doing nada for me. So for about a year I’ve been here on the Chanel forum learning and admiring from so many of you[emoji4]. I’ve learned for my lifestyle I wanted a reissue over a classic CC flap for my first bigger Chanel piece. I bought a beautiful gold/taupe colored Reissue Woc back in the summer. I’ve also learned from “visiting” the Chanel boutique and building a relationship with a great SA (who’s been very patient and helpful with me), that I wanted a medium size Reissue. Originally I thought the small would be it, but that’s part of being patient and thinking it through[emoji6]! Problem was my ultra conservative side would kick in and really make me think about the cost vs. wear. I work in a small office and a few of the girls live paycheck to paycheck. So no luxury bags at work for me. Only Fri.-Sunday. Then I thought preloved. I waited on a medium Reissue in excellent condition and was half the price at Fashionphile. It was from 2009/2010. It arrived and looked fabulous, BUT, they didn’t list anything about smells! It smelt like old leather and old perfume mixed with bubblegum! Not only on the inside but outside too. So back it went and here I sat reading about an upcoming price increase[emoji47][emoji47]! Called my SA to see what she had? She said the black calfskin or the charcoal that I fell in love with back in the summer. Since I have no black bags, and this one is a bag that could be with me for a very very long time, I chose black! I still love the charcoal, but black was the right choice for now[emoji4][emoji4]. Hopefully this gets uploaded with pictures!! I’ve tried now for over a week!!

IMG_1511123154.839116.jpgIMG_1511123180.228507.jpgIMG_1511123201.944167.jpgIMG_1511123223.788487.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1511123033.667237.jpg
    IMG_1511123033.667237.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 1,573
Last edited:
Looks like the bottom picture got out of order, but whatever! I’ve just never had a problem getting pictures to load until over a week ago. If anyone else has been having trouble too, I read from someone else having problems that couldn’t get her phone to do it so tried her iPad and it worked. That’s what I did finally today!

I’ve bought LV for awhile now, but their new ways and new bags have been doing nada for me. So for about a year I’ve been here on the Chanel forum learning and admiring from so many of you[emoji4]. I’ve learned for my lifestyle I wanted a reissue over a classic CC flap for my first bigger Chanel piece. I bought a beautiful gold/taupe colored Reissue Woc back in the summer. I’ve also learned from “visiting” the Chanel boutique and building a relationship with a great SA (who’s been very patient and helpful with me), that I wanted a medium size Reissue. Originally I thought the small would be it, but that’s part of being patient and thinking it through[emoji6]! Problem was my ultra conservative side would kick in and really make me think about the cost vs. wear. I work in a small office and a few of the girls live paycheck to paycheck. So no luxury bags at work for me. Only Fri.-Sunday. Then I thought preloved. I waited on a medium Reissue in excellent condition and was half the price at Fashionphile. It was from 2009/2010. It arrived and looked fabulous, BUT, they didn’t list anything about smells! It smelt like old leather and old perfume mixed with bubblegum! Not only on the inside but outside too. So back it went and here I sat reading about an upcoming price increase[emoji47][emoji47]! Called my SA to see what she had? She said the black calfskin or the charcoal that I fell in love with back in the summer. Since I have no black bags, and this one is a bag that could be with me for a very very long time, I chose black! I still love the charcoal, but black was the right choice for now[emoji4][emoji4]. Hopefully this gets uploaded with pictures!! I’ve tried now for over a week!!

View attachment 3884499View attachment 3884500View attachment 3884501View attachment 3884502

Wow, she's absolutely stunning @love2learn congratulations! :yahoo:

I'm also having a dilemma about which classic to go for, I'm fairly sure I want a reissue with GHW, I have no idea what size to get, and have a feeling that when I actually go to my boutique (New Bond Street) that I will have my head turned by something else!!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful reissue, it's definitely given me food for thought!

Wow, she's absolutely stunning @love2learn congratulations! :yahoo:

I'm also having a dilemma about which classic to go for, I'm fairly sure I want a reissue with GHW, I have no idea what size to get, and have a feeling that when I actually go to my boutique (New Bond Street) that I will have my head turned by something else!!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful reissue, it's definitely given me food for thought!

Thank you so much!! I know the black reissue has been revealed here a million times, but this one is mine[emoji173]️[emoji173]️, and so happy I finally just said it was time.

I don’t know what size you’re looking for, but after trying on the small a few times and then the medium, I just felt the small was close in size to a mini. I can do a mini later in a fun color. I’m no longer a big bag girl due to I don’t carry that much so I didn’t even look at the large size. I just knew the medium was the size[emoji4]. Good luck deciding!! And yes, so easy to get distracted!! I was staying pretty focused that day as she was bringing bags out for me to look at, but my eye was wondering[emoji23]

Reactions: Law

View attachment 3884499View attachment 3884500View attachment 3884501View attachment 3884502

Yay! Beautiful, classic choice! So happy for you that your SA was able to get you one before the price increase [emoji28]! Congratulations on this stunning bag [emoji173]️[emoji177]

Yay! Beautiful, classic choice! So happy for you that your SA was able to get you one before the price increase [emoji28]! Congratulations on this stunning bag [emoji173]️[emoji177]

Thank you so much!! Fortunately she had a few to look at. So glad she did too. One had a very noticeable loose stitch where the flap opens.

Thank you so much!! I know the black reissue has been revealed here a million times, but this one is mine[emoji173]️[emoji173]️, and so happy I finally just said it was time.

I don’t know what size you’re looking for, but after trying on the small a few times and then the medium, I just felt the small was close in size to a mini. I can do a mini later in a fun color. I’m no longer a big bag girl due to I don’t carry that much so I didn’t even look at the large size. I just knew the medium was the size[emoji4]. Good luck deciding!! And yes, so easy to get distracted!! I was staying pretty focused that day as she was bringing bags out for me to look at, but my eye was wondering[emoji23]

Yes, so happy for you! I never get bored of seeing reissues and I'll be posting my reveal as soon as it happens too lol! :heart:

If I'm honest I will most likely go for a medium or larger size as I tend to go for larger bags, I have a Coco loop which is somewhere around the size of a classic Large or Jumbo, I use that bag a lot as it's a practical size. I'm feel if I buy the smaller size I just won't get the use out of it and like you say, you can go for a mini or something later on.

I better nip that classic in the bud before the next price hike :angel:

That is a beautiful one. Congratulations I just got my first jumbo flap before the price increase too. I’m just too nervous to use it. Is your medium reissue the same size as the jumbo?

Brilliant and beautiful choice!! Congrats! You are always so generous with your comments and I am so happy for you. :heart::hugs::heart::hugs:

Reactions: Chanel7Chanel
Yes, so happy for you! I never get bored of seeing reissues and I'll be posting my reveal as soon as it happens too lol! :heart:

If I'm honest I will most likely go for a medium or larger size as I tend to go for larger bags, I have a Coco loop which is somewhere around the size of a classic Large or Jumbo, I use that bag a lot as it's a practical size. I'm feel if I buy the smaller size I just won't get the use out of it and like you say, you can go for a mini or something later on.

I better nip that classic in the bud before the next price hike :angel:
I think you should too:biggrin: I can fit my full size wallet in the medium, with my key fob and a few keys, small lip balm, iphone 7, and a little thin zip pouch I put store coupons in;), but that's about it. It would roomier if i used a smaller wallet, but there's many days when I just don't want to move some cards, cash, coins to a smaller wallet. Such as yesterday!